The income tax Dept introduced a new e-filing portal on June 7, 2021.
The Tax Dept of India has updated the official tax filing system in India with a new design and interface. The rebuilt website, dubbed ITR e-filing portal 2.0, aims to improve user experience with a new dashboard that houses all of the critical action items in one location.
This New website interface would be available in numerous Indian languages & is said to be intuitive and dynamic. The new Income Tax filling System is also mobile-friendly, with the goal of making e-filing for Indian individuals more convenient.
Income Tax Portal 2.0:
- The new e-filing platform is expected to reduce time and improve safety.
- Easy-to-use technology that allows for the immediate processing of income tax returns (ITRs) and prompt reimbursements to taxpayers.
- A single dashboard for all interactions, uploads, and pending activities has been created, eliminating the need for taxpayers to navigate across various websites.
- Taxpayers can now update their profile information to include details about their income, such as salary, homeownership, and business/profession, which will be used to pre-fill their ITR.
- Taxpayers will receive free offline and online ITR preparation tools, as well as software that allows them to ask the questions that will aid them in the process.
- Taxpayers can now use tutorials, videos, a contact center, and a chatbot or real agents for assistance.
- A variety of payment methods are available, including online banking, UPI, credit card, and RTGS or NEFT from the taxpayer's account in any bank.
The previous site was held under updating for a week after the Income Tax Department alerted them on June 1. Citizens who had not submitted an Income Tax Return (ITR) or had only partially completed one were asked to complete the process. On May 29, the department also tweeted about the new site and how it has been improved to be more user-friendly.
the Central Govt increased the deadlines for different Income Tax returns on May 20 with an objective to give people some relief amid the COVID-19 crisis.