Central Board of Direct Taxes exempts non-resident Indians (NRIs) from Online filing form 10F Upto 31 March 2023,
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes has exempted non-resident Indians (NRIs) without PANs from Online filing Form 10F up to March 2023.
- Central Board of Direct Taxes notification No. 03/2022, dated July 16, 2022, issued by the Directorate of Income Tax (Systems), an attached office of the Central Board of Direct Taxes under the control of Member (TPS&S), CBDT New Delhi, mandated the submission of online e filling of Form 10F Online Form at portal.
- In consideration of the practical difficulty faced by non-resident (NR) income tax filers in complying with the notice when they lack a permanent account number, and in an attempt to minimize any mitigate genuine hardship to income tax taxpayers,
- According to the decision made by the competent authority. the category of non-resident taxpayers who do not have a permanent account number and are not required to have one in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Income-tax Rules, 1962 read with the Income-tax Act, 1961 are exempt from being required to fill out Form 10 F online until 31 March 2023,
- Central Board of Direct Taxes Notification: F.No.DGIT(S)-ADG(S)-3/e-Filing Notification/Forms/2022/9227
New Update :
- Income tax Form 10F : Income tax department Partial relaxation given to to Non-residents not having permanent account number & not needed to have as per the provisions of Income-tax law to file Income tax Form 10F manually is further extended till 30th Sept 2023.
Can Income Tax Online form 10FA be filed?
- Yes, NRI's have to file form 10F to Income tax Experts in charge. Morover, NRI's have to take 10F form from the Income tax officials of the Nation in which you are a resident or citizen . NRI's cannot present it online in India.