The Form FC-GPR comes into use whenever there is new issue of shares. The onus to submit the form or comply with the laws is on the resident entity.
Any Company or Organization receiving foreign investment must report the transaction to the RBI within a stipulated timeline. Similar to the filing of FC-TRS which is filed online, the Form FC-GPR is also required to be filed online.
The timeline is briefly described below:
a) Foreign funds received
b) Within 30 days of receiving the money file ARF (Advance Remittance Form) with the RBI
c) RBI will issue UIN (Unique Identification Number) after submission of ARF
d) Within 180 days from the date of receiving the money, allot the shares
e) File FC-GPR within 30 days from the date of allocation of shares.
Before reporting the transaction, applicant needs to obtain following:
- Unique Identification Number from RBI by reporting of Advanced Foreign Remittance.
- KYC report for the beneficiary if the beneficiary and remitter are different entities.
- CS certificate
- Certificate from SEBI registered Merchant Banker / Chartered Accountant indicating the manner of arriving at the price of the shares issued to the persons resident outside India
- Disclaimer Certificate
- Statutory Auditor Certificate
- Board resolution
- LRN(Loan Registration Number) allotted
- Copy of FIPB approval (if required)
- Details of Transfer of shares if any
- No objection certificate from the remitter for the shares being allotted to the third party mentioning their relationship
- Letter from the foreign investor explaining the reason for making subscription to shares by the remitter on his behalf
- Copy of agreement/Board resolution from the investee company for issue and allotment of shares to the foreign investor, other than the remitter
- Reason for delay in submission (if required)
Once all the above documents are obtained, the applicant shall duly fill the Form FC-GPR and complete it in all respects without any error, attach the Digital Signature of the applicant and upload the form online at https://www.ebiz.gov.in. In this case also, it is to be noted that merely filing the Form FC-GPR does not discharge an entity of its duties in regard to compliance of the relevant laws, the same shall be considered complete only after it is approved by the RBI.
- The electronic form (Form) can be accessed from service landing page and can be filled offline
- If you choose “Load prefill data” option while opening the form, then some fields may get prefilled with data you have filled previously while applying for this service. You may change this data if you wish.
- The saved draft can be accessed later from “My Saved Drafts” section in Menu options. This draft is available for 3 months or until the form is submitted.
- Field marked with * are mandatory and needs to be filled in before a form can be submitted on e-Biz portal. You may not be able to leave some of the field’s blank in the e-Form. In case you wish not to enter data in a field, please input “NA” if it is a text/description field or a 0, if it is a numeric field.
- The e-form needs to be digitally signed using a digital signature by the applicant. If applicant wishes to make any modifications to an already signed e-Form, right-clicking on the signature field and choosing “Clear signature” will enable editing of form and any modifications can be made to the form
Upload the file using the attach link and if you wish to remove any file, use the remove link.
I. Reason for delay in submission: this attachment is required if the form is submitted after 30 days from the date of receipt of funds
II. CS Certificate
III. Certificate from SEBI registered Merchant Banker / Chartered Accountant indicating the manner of arriving at the price of the shares issued to the persons resident outside India.
IV. Disclaimer certificate
V. Statutory Auditor Certificate
VI. Board resolution
VII. LRN(Loan Registration Number) allotted
VIII. Copy of FIPB approval (if required)
IX. Transfer of shares details, if applicable
If the investor and remitter are separate entities, please provide the following documents:
X. No objection certificate from the remitter for the shares being allotted to the third party mentioning their relationship
XI. Letter from the foreign investor explaining the reason for making subscription to shares by the remitter on his behalf
XII. Copy of agreement/Board resolution from the investee company for issue and allotment of shares to the foreign investor, other than the remitter
XIII. KYC report for the beneficiary
Any other attachments: Add any other document if required.
Enter the following details in this section:
I. Name of the Person
II. Name of the Place.
III. Date of signing the electronic form
V. Digital Signature of Authorized signatory of the investee company.