MCA has notified amendment to various rules under Companies Act, 2013. The amendments are effective from May 07, 2018. The amended provisions have been discussed as under:
- MCA has amended the Companies (Meetings of the Board and its Powers) Rules, 2014. A new provision has been inserted to Rule 4 of the said rules providing that any other director may participate through video conferencing or other audio visual means if there is quorum in a meeting through physical presence of directors.
- MCA has amended the Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules,2014. Amendment has been made to rule 3 whereby proviso to sub-rule 7 of Rule 3 and explanation thereunder have been omitted. Which means that the requirement of ratification of appointment of Auditor in every annual general meeting (AGM) till the conclusion of sixth AGM has been removed. Further Rule 9 of the said rules has been omitted. Rule 10A and Rule 14 have also been amended.
- MCA has amended the Companies (Registration Office and Fees) Rules, 2014. A new provision has been inserted under to Rule 10(3) providing that - Registrar shall allow fifteen days' time for re-submission in case of reservation of name through web service -RUN for rectification of defects if any. Earlier re-submission was not allowed in case of re-submission of application through RUN.
- MCA made An amendment in Annexure I of the Companies (Registration Office and Fees) Rules, 2014 prescribing additional fee of Rs. 100 per day effective from July 1, 2018 for delayed in filing of annual return and financial statements. The additional fee shall also be applicable to revised financial statement or board report as well as Secretarial audit report.
- MCA has amended the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014 whereby amendment has been made to Rule. The revised norm provides that in case of appointment of Independent Director, none of the relatives of such independent director should be indebted to the company, its holding subsidiary or associate Company or their promoters, or directors; or has given a guarantee or provided any security in connection with indebtness of any third person to its holding, subsidiary or associate company or their promoter or directors for an amount of Rs. 50 Lakhs at any time during the two immediately preceding financial years or during current financial year.
- MCA has amended the Companies (Prospectus and Allotment of Securities) Rules, 2014. The amendment prescribes omission of rule 4 - Reports to be set out in the Prospectus, rule 5- Other matters and reports to be stated in the prospectus and rule 6- Period for which information to be provided in certain cases.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances; Before making any decisions do consult your Professional / tax advisor. For misrepresentation or interpretation of act or rules Author does not take any responsibility. Neither the author nor the firm accepts any liability for the loss or damage of any kind arising out of information in this document or for any action taken in reliance there on. The author is a Chartered Accountant and the Chief Gardener & Founder Director of Rajput Jain & Associates , a leading Tax & Investment Planning Advisory Service Provider. His blog can be found at http://carajput.com/blog/For any query you can write to email@example.com. Hope the information will assist you in your Professional endeavors. For query or help, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 09811322785/4 9555 5555 480)