Checking status of your Income tax refund
- The Income Tax Department gives taxpayers the option to track the progress of their ITR refund after 10 days from the day the ITR was filed.
- Income Tax e-filing platform now allows taxpayers who filed their ITR more than 10 days ago to monitor the status of their ITR refund.
- Visit the NSDL website at tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/servlet/RefundStatusTrack to check the status with your PAN card. The step-by-step process for checking your income tax return is provided below.
Easy way of checking status of your Income tax refund
- Initially visit to NSDL portal or use link tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/servlet/RefundStatusTrack.
- Then logging on that link, via Entering PAN number.
- therafter select AY (AY) 2022-23 & select on ‘Submit’ button.
- Your Income tax return refund status will be show on your computer now.
- in addition to that you may also verify income tax return Refund status online along with Income tax acknowledgment No.
Now you may Check Income tax return Status via Acknowledgment No.
- Initially of you login to the Income tax e-filing portal.
- Then you needed to login to the portal using User ID & Password.
- Next Step go to ‘My Account’ & thereafter select on ‘Refund/Demand Status’.
- Thereafter, go to the drop down menu & pick ‘Income Tax Return’ & select on ‘Submit’ option.
- Lastly we have to select on your acknowledgment number.
- And then a webpage will begin where all your Income tax return details including issue date of Income tax refund will show you.
Key Note :
- It is important to note that the Income Tax Department did not this time extend the deadline for submitting returns. The Income Tax Department set the deadline for the fiscal year 2021–2022 as July 31, 2022.
- That is, only those who submitted their returns during this time frame are eligible to monitor the status of their tax returns.
- Although ITR filers who pay a penalty can also check it, the Income Tax Department only allows status verification after 10 days after ITR filing.