As part of updating its registry, MCA would be conducting KYC of all Directors of companies annually through a new e-form viz. DIR-3 KYC as per new The Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014.
Today, E-form DIR-3 KYC now is on the Portal of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs(MCA).
New The Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014 Law:
E-Form DIR-3 KYC is required to be filed pursuant to Rule 12A and Rule 11(2) and (3) of The Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014.
According to rule 12A.following persons have to fill the e-form DIR-3 KYC:-
- Every individual who has been allotted a Director Identification Number (DIN) as on 31st March of a financial year. Due date of filing e-form DIR-3 KYC On or before 30th April of immediate next Financial Year.
- Every individual who has already been allotted a DIN as of 31st March 2018 and whose DIN status is ‘Approved’. The due date of filing e-form DIR-3 KYC for them is On or before 31st August 2018.
- The form shall be verified by MOBILE OTP and E-MAIL OTP.
- The form should be filed by every Director using his own DSC and should be duly certified by a practising professional.
- NO GOVT. FEE, if KYC filed before 31st August by an applicant who has been allotted DIN on or before 31st March 2018
- INR 5000/- Govt. fees shall be applicable if KYC is filed after 31st August by the applicant.
- Filing of DIR-3 KYC would be mandatory for Disqualified Directors also.
- e-Form DIR – 3 KYC, need to file based on DIRECTOR IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (DIN), so even though, if any Director holding multiple Directorship in Company, then also they need to File e-Form DIR – 3 KYC, only once according to their DIN.
Consequences of Non-filing of DIR-3 KYC:-
- Every Individual “Director Identification Number” (DIN) will be marked as deactivated, who does not intimate his/her particulars in e-form DIR-3-KYC within the stipulated time.
- The de-activated DIN shall be re-activated only after e-form DIR-3-KYC is filed along with a fee of Rs. 5000/- as prescribed under Companies (Registration Offices and Fees) Rules, 2014
- Digital Signature provides, as the form is filed by private DSC of Director.
- Collection of Documents
- Assist you in the filing of e-form DIR-3 KYC.
Documents Required (In case of Indian Director):
- Self-attested PAN Card of Director
- Self-Attested Aadhar Card of Director
- Self-Attested Passport of Director, if allotted
- Private Mobile Number (FOR OTP Verification)
- Private Email ID (FOR OTP Verification)
- Digital Signature
Documents Required (In case of Foreign Director):
- Self-certified Passport of Director (Apostille and Notarized)
- Self-attested Residential Proof (Apostille and Notarized)
- Personal Mobile Number
- Personal E-mail ID
- Digital Signature
Important Check Points while Filling Form DIR-3-KYC: -
- Unique Personal Mobile Number
- Personal Email ID.
- Duly verified by OTP on Email ID and Mobile No.
- The e-Form should be required to be certified by:
- Practising Company Secretary
- Practising Chartered Accountant
- Practising Cost Accountant
Rajput Jain & Associates
We are working as a Corporate Consultancy Firm having an office at P 6/90 Connaught Place, New Delhi-110001 offers you our Services related to the filing of e-form DIR-3 KYC.