Central Excise > Central Excise Registration
All the manufacturers of goods have to pay central excise duty and this indirect tax is
administered by the Central Government under the authority of Entry 84 of the Union List
(List1) under Seventh Schedule read with Articles 268 to 281 of the Constitution of India.
Indirect taxes are a big source of revenue for the govt. and are a big part of the
transaction. It is, therefore, critical to understand the factors in such taxes and through
appropriate planning reduce the costs to the extent possible. Indirect taxes like central
excise effect a lots of businessmen as they are applicable to activities that span from
manufacturing to final consumption, including distribution, trading and imports, as well as
services. We proceed for the registration of the Assessee under Central Excise Act.
What Rajput Jain & Associates Offers
Our Expert Advisers can provide you with such Advise after carefully looking into the Matter
and having a thorough study of the Process carried on by the Assessee, Our Professional Team
with there in depth Knowledge of Excise provides Accurate Advise & Consultancy which
benefits the Client. The Service-Tax Registration service adheres completely to the
concerned rules and regulations. With the help of our legal advisers and consultants, we are
able to comprehend to the requirements of our clients. We can assist and take care of all
formalities and procedure required from start to finish till you get the service tax
Procedure of obtaining registration.,
The application for registration is to be filed with the Superintendent of Central Excise
having jurisdiction over the premises in respect whereof the registration is to be obtained.
As per the provisions of the Central Excise Act, 1944 and Central Excise Rules, 2002,
following are the list of documents that are required for the purpose of registration with
Central Excise Department
- Copy of Permanent Account Number (PAN) of the company.
- Proof of constitution of the company- the Memorandum of Association (MoA) and Articles
of Association (AoA) of the company.
- Possession letter/allotment letter/rent deed of the premises to be registered;
- Copy of Rent/Lease agreement of the premises /warehouse.
- Copy of Ground plan of the premises
- Copy of Board Resolution authorizing the officer concerned to sign, execute the
- Grounds plan of the premises in duplicate including details of plant & machinery etc.;
- Name/address/designation/telephone number/ e-mail address etc of the authorized officer.
- Identity and address proof of the directors of the company
- Bank Account details:
- Copy of IE Code registration number (if available)
- Copy of Sales Tax Registration number – State and Central ( if available)
- Details of three major excisable goods.
- Declaration by the authorized officer.
- List of items with their Tariff sub-headings proposed to be manufactured; list of items
with their Tariff sub-headings, if any, obtained, under Chapter X procedure or dealt
- Registration certificate issued under Shop and Establishment Act and PAN Number;
- Duly filled in application in the form R-I in triplicate;
- The application for registration in form R-I is either to be signed before the
Superintendent of Central Excise or can be submitted duly attested and notarised by the
Grant of registration.
After receipt of application for registration, the jurisdictional Superintendent is to grant
registration within 30 days of the receipt of the application. Even if the registration is
not granted, it will be deemed to have been granted. The registration is in respect of
premises and not a person.
Stage of filing application for registration.
- For the goods that attract Central Excise duty right from the beginning, the
registration is to be applied for before the removal of the goods. These goods are not
covered under Small-Scale Exemption notification. Even where a manufacture of goods
eligible for Small-Scale exemption opts for availment of CENVAT credit, the registration
is to be applied for before the removal of the goods.
- Manufacturers of Cosmetics and Refrigeration goods are to apply for registration after
crossing the clearances of Rs. 30 lakhs.
- Manufacturers of other goods are to apply for registration when the clearances exceed
Rs. 50 lakhs.
Validity of registration certificate.
A registration certificate is valid till the relevant unit is engaged in manufacturing of
excisable goods. The registration certificate is not required to be renewed.
Transferability of registration certificate.
Registration certificate is not transferable. When a registered person transfers his business
to another person, the transferee has to obtain a fresh registration.
Requirement of amendment in registration certificate.
- When a registered firm or a company or association of persons undergoes a change in
Constitution, the jurisdictional Range Officer is to be intimated within 30 days of such
a change for incorporation of this fact in the registration certificate.
- In case a registered person desires to manufacture a new product, he is to get the
product endorsed on his registration certificate.
Requirement of exhibition of registration certificate.
- Every registered person is required to exhibit the registration certificate or a
certified copy thereof in a conspicuous part of the registered premises.
- Whether 100% export oriented unit or unit in free trade zone is required to be
- A 100% Export Oriented Unit or a unit in Free Trade Zone licenced or appointed under the
provisions of Customs Act, 1962, is deemed to be registered under the Central Excise
Surrender of registration certificate
When the registered person ceases to carry out the operation for which he is registered, he
is required to surrender his registration certificate immediately to the Range Officer.
How to obtain duplicate registration certificate
In case the original registration certificate is lost or destroyed, the assessee can apply
for a duplicate registration certificate to the jurisdictional Range Superintendent after
depositing a fee of Rs.30/- through a TR-6 challan in any nominated branch of Punjab
Our expert team provides you assistance regarding excise after having a depth study of
process carried out by the assessee. We provide you accurate advice & consultancy in this
regards. We can assist and take care of all formalities and procedure required to get
registered under central excise Act.