GSTN alerts taxpayers to beware of looking similar websites and fake messages on GST Refund
Kindly Pay attention to taxpayers!
Goods and Service Tax Network issued an alert dated May 03, 2020 to taxpayers on fake messages on GST Refund and to protect taxpayers from fake messages on GST Refunds.
BEWARE of FRAUD https:/onlinefilingindia.in website. BAIT is trying to reveal personal and bank details to taxpayers. Don’t respond to messages, mails and look-alike websites that ask for your personal details.
Pay attention to tax payers! – Safeguard yourself from fake messages on GST refunds. It has been noted that some fraudulent messages are being circulated on WhatsApp, Email and SMS, claiming to process GST refunds. It clearly shows that some miscreants have begun to take undue advantage of the Covid-19 crisis by sending out fake messages with phishing links. One such link is to the portal claimed to have been developed by Goods and Service Tax Network ,. The same is false and only www.gst.gov.in has been notified by the Government as a common portal under the GST legislation.
Through such links, taxpayers are asked to fill in important information such as personal details, Address, Refund Details and KYC Verification, which may not only cause financial losses to taxpayers but also enable such unscrupulous elements to steal their personal data for unfaithful purposes.
Please be advised that GST refunds can only be claimed through the GST portal www.gst.gov.in. for any other source, a portal with a similar interface, a message falsely claiming to process GST refunds is completely fraudulent. Please also note that GST Network does not ask for sensitive personal information, refund details and identity verification of KYC via email, WhatsApp or SMS or any other website.
Rajput Jain & associates advice: Do’s and Don’ts regarding Refund Applications
What’s to be Do’s about GST Refund Applications
- Remember that GST Network will never call detailed personal information and refund details via email, WhatsApp or SMS
- Make sure that: Use only the GST portal www.gst.gov.in to claim refunds
- For any information on GST refund claims, please read https:/www.gst.gov.in/help/refund
- take into consideration that: Stay up-to-date with the News & Update section of www.gst.gov.in for any official and authorized information
- In case of confusion, please call GST Helpdesk 1800-103-4786.
What’s Need not to Do with GST Refund Applications
- Kindly Do not open a link or attachment in the message
- Make sure that Don’t call the number mentioned in the message
- Remember that Do does not reply to any message calling for the processing of GST refunds
- Make sure -Never fill in any personal details or other information on any platform other than the GST portal to claim refunds
- take into consideration that Does not trust information from any source other than the GST portal that uses similar portal names and interfaces.
Post by Rajput Jain & Associates