HOW TO REGISTER FOR GST
- Under GST every person needs to compulsorily get registration if his aggregate turnover exceeds a certain limit.
- As per the GST rules, it is compulsory for a business with a turnover of more than Rs.40 lakh to register as an ordinary taxable entity. This is referred to as the process of registration of the GST.
- The turnover is Rs.10 lakh for companies present in the hill states and the North-Eastern states. The GST registration process is accomplished within six business days.
- Taking registration is also necessary for taking an input tax credit for inputs, capital goods, or input services without taking registration person can not claim the input tax credit of inputs. A person can take registration on the GST portal by applying himself or by using the services of professionals.
- After getting registration an applicant needs to file returns and also need to do many other compliances. A person can take registration voluntarily as well.
Who shall be Complete GST Registration?
GST Registration shall be required by the below individuals & businesses entity:
- Casual Taxable Person and Non-Resident Taxable Person
- Persons who have registered under the tax services before the GST law came into effect.
- Persons who pay tax under the RCM (reverse charge mechanism)
- Businesses that have a turnover that exceeds Rs.40 lakh. In the case of Jammu & Kashmir, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, and North-Eastern states, the turnover of the entity should cross INR 10,00,000/-.
- E-commerce Aggregators
- Agents of a supplier and Input service distributors
- The person who supplies goods via an e-commerce aggregator.
- The person providing database access and online information from outside India to people who live in India other than those who are registered taxable persons.
Online GST Registration
GST or General Sales Tax takes care of all intermediate taxes like service tax, sales tax, excise duty and so on into a composite whole tax so that paying taxes at each level can be avoided.
GST registration is mandatory for all whose annual sales are more than 20 lakhs. GST registration takes short time from 2-6 working days. The application can be done online also in which a digital signature has to be given.
GST Registration Made Easier
GST registration can be easily achieved through the online GST portal. Small businesses can fill out a form on the GST portal and complete the required documents for registration.
It is compulsory for certain companies to complete the GST registration process. The conduct of operations without registration for GST is a criminal offense and heavy penalties are imposed for non-registration.
GST REGISTRATION PROCESS
Step 1: firstly need to visit the GST portal gst.gov.in.
Step 2: Then we need to click on services then select the option register now under services.
Step 3: After that, we need to fill in all the details of part A. To make an application for GST, you will need Form GST REG 01 which you can access from any GST facilitation center or a GST common portal.
- You will be required to provide your pan number, email address, mobile number and state of registration.
- Name of Business
- PAN of business
- Email address
- mobile number and many more
- The online GST registration process is easy and hassles free.
- You just need the required documents and apply accordingly.
- Your pan number will be validated on the Common Portal which contains the database with all relevant information with the Central Board of Direct Taxes.
Step 4. :
After that, we will receive an OTP on the mobile number and email for verification.
Step 5. : After verification of mobile number and email, we will get a temporary reference number on our mobile and email.
Step 6. : Then we need to again on the GST portal and select register now then we select Temporary Reference Number (TRN). We will enter the TRN and the captcha code and click on the Proceed button.
Step 7. : We again receive an OTP on mobile then we can see the status of the application.
Step 8. : After that clicking edit Icon, we will go on Part B which has 10 sections. We fill in all the details and submit documents in part B.
- Using this you have to complete the Part B of FORM GST REG 01 and also the application and documents which must be signed.
- The completed application can be submitted online on the GST Common Platform or GST Facilitation center.
Step 9. : Then go to the Verification Page and click on the declaration and submit the application using any of the following ways: –
- Then Application Reference Number (ARN) is sent to registered email and mobile.
- Once the validation is complete, an OTP or One Time Password and a temporary reference number will be sent to your mobile or the email you have provided.
Step 10. : Registration certificate of GST
- After approving the application for the registration, a certificate of registration shall be given in FORM GST REG-06 showing the principal place of business and additional place or places of business.
- It will be available on the common portal of GST and a Goods and the services tax identification number shall be assigned subject to the following characters, namely: –
- 2 characters for the state code.
- 10 characters for PAN or TAN number.
- 2 characters for the entity code.
- 1 checksum character.
FURNISHING OF BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS
After getting the certificate of registration in FORM GST REG-06 available on the common portal and also a Goods and Services Tax Identification Number has been given then the registered person shall not later than 45 days from the date on which certificate of registration has been granted or the date on which the return under section 39 to be furnished, whichever is earlier, need to give such information related to the details of a bank account.
List of Documents needed Company/ LLP GST Registration :
- Letter of Authorisation or Board Resolution from Authorised Signatory.
- Incorporation Certificate or business registration proof.
- PAN card.
- Aadhaar card.
- Bank account statement and canceled cheque.
- Business address proof.
- Director’s or Promoter’s ID proof, address proof, and photographs.
- Digital Signature.
GST Registration Application Processing is Done by Government
All the required documents, information and the completed application submitted for GST registration will be forwarded for verification by the concerned officer. On being verified, the officer will grant the GST registration within 3 working days. In case of any discrepancy, you will be notified and asked to clarify within a stipulated time through a given procedure. The clarification must be submitted within 7 days of receipt of the intimation through FORM GST REG 04.
Non Submission of Clarification Will Lead To Rejection of Application
Automatic GST registration will be initiated in case the concerned officer fails to take action within 3 working days of submission of the application or within 7 working days of providing clarification.
GST Registration Certificate
On approval of the application, the GST registration will be granted along with a certificate which will display the name of the business or service, the location of the same, type of entity, the validity period, and a GSTIN or Goods and Service Tax Identification Number.
- At the time of application for registration of the GST, the applicant is offered the option to choose whether to authenticate Aadhaar.
- A person going to opt for the Aadhaar Authentication for a GST Regime Registration would receive it within just 3 working days.
- New Upcoming businesses can now opt for speedy authentication of their certificates using Aadhaar and secure goods and services tax (GST) registration. This year, CBIC notified Aadhaar of GST registration authentication with effect from 21 August 2020.
- This new Aadhaar authentication is proposed to facilitate feal & honest Assesses while at the same time keeping fake & fraudulent organisation away from GST.
Step for GST registration Via Aadhaar authentication
The new entity can make their New GST registration with the support of Aadhaar. The Aadhaar authentication process is quite simple & quick. This new Aadhaar authentication process came into w.e.f. 21.08.2020. below here is a step by step guide for those opting for Aadhaar authentication for GST registration, The Aadhaar authentication procedure to opt for authentication is mentioned as follows:
- In case you make an application for GST registration, you have to provide with an option to choose Aadhaar authentication process.
- You needed to select ‘YES’. The Aadhaar authentication link would be sent to the registered email ID & Mobile No.
- Now you needed to Click on the Aadhaar authentication link.
- Then enter Aadhaar No & select ‘Validate option’.
- Once details have been matched, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile No & email ID.
- Then enter the OTP to complete the Aadhaar authentication process. You will get a new GST registration within 3 days.
Aadhaar Authentication or an e-KYC :
In case the Aadhaar is available for the taxpayer, the Authorized signatory & one person who is Director/ Karta of the entity registered/ Managing Partner/Proprietor/Partner can go for Aadhaar Authentication.
In case of the lack of availability of Aadhaar, You can submit any of the below documents to undergo e-KYC:
- KYC Form
- Aadhaar Enrolment Number
- Certificate issued by Competent Authority
- Voter ID Card
GST Registration Fee
- If you finish the GST Registration process online, no fee will be charged. Once the relevant documents have been uploaded,
- the Application Reference Number (ARN) will be sent via SMS and e-mail to verify the registration.
Penalty for failure to complete GST Registration
- When you do not pay tax or pay less than the balance due, the penalty that is levied shall be 10% of the amount due (in case of genuine errors).
- However, the minimum penalty is INR 10k. In case you have not registered for GST & are intentionally trying to avoid tax, the penalty levied is 100% of the amount of the tax due.
How to check the Status of GST Registration completed?
- Firstly, the Visit GST official GST Portal at https://www.gst.gov.in/.
- Then click to ‘Services’ > ‘Registration’ > ‘Track Application Status.
- Now enter your ARN number and Captcha image code. Next click on the SEARCH button.
- Finally, you can receive any of the below GST registration statuses on your computer screen:
- Migrated status
- Provisional status
- Validation against error status
- Canceled status
- Pending for verification status
Step by step Process download GST Registration Certificate.
You needed to access your GST account to download the GST registration certificate.
No, without login it cannot be obtained. But you can follow the following steps to easily download your GST certificate if you have login details
STEP 1: Open the https://www.gst.gov.in/
STEP 2: GST India portal: click “log-in” for user-name and password-page access.
STEP 3: enter in the field required the correct ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ credentials and click the ‘Login’ button.
STEP 4: Click Services –> User Services –>Certificate view/download.
STEP 5: To download the certificate, click on the ‘Download’ button on the screen. All the relevant details of tax transactions are included in the certificate.
Penalty for non-registration under GST
An offender who does not pay tax or make short payments (genuine errors) must pay a penalty of 10% of the amount of tax due, subject to a minimum of Rs.10,000.
- GST Return compliances calendar- Nov 2020
- SALIENT FEATURES OF NEW GST SYSTEM IN INDIA
- Key points of 42nd GST council Meeting headed By FM N. Sitharaman
- GSTN enable auto-populated in the E-invoice information into GST Return -1
Contract: Rajput Jain and Associates E: email@example.com M: 9-555-555-480