Professional Update for the Day:
- CBDT clarified that filing of revised return cannot be used as the tool for manipulating the figures of income, cash-in-hand, profits etc. with an intention to show the current year’s undisclosed income in the earlier return.
- ITAT Mumbai held that CIT cannot revise assessment for making a fresh examination of an issue already examined by the AO who has taken one of the possible views because there has been no erroneous order which could ordered to be revised. [M/s Rachana Finance & Investment Pvt. Ltd. Vs CIT]
- Supreme Court held that the power of Sales Tax Commissioner to extend the time to pass an order on assessment is to be exercised before the normal period period of assessment expires.[State of Punjab & Ors. Vs M/s Shreyans Indus. Ltd. Etc.]
Read our articles:
- E-Invoice Mechanism under the GST
- Blocking/Unblocking the E-Way Bill creation system if fails to file GSTR-3B: GSTN
- Reasons for the Movement of Goods under the GST
Companies Act Update:-
- MCA has revised the version of e-forms: Form INC-18, Form DIR-3 and Form MGT-14 with effect from 17th Dec’ 2016.
- Bombay High Court in Khandelwal Lab Pvt. Ltd vs. DCIT has directed the department to redeposit moneys collected illegally by attachment of assessee’s bank account during pendency of stay application u/s 220(6).
- Legal profession is not a commercial activity – Running of office by an Advocate in a building cannot be termed as Commercial activity – Electricity rates fixed for Commercial user cannot be charged. SUPREME COURT OF INDIA before: – Arijit Pasayat & H.K. Sema, JJ.
- E- Payment of DVAT & CST for Nov : 21.12.2016.
- Issue of DVAT Certificate for Deduction made in Nov : 22.12.2016.
“ Success and Excuses do not travel together, if you want excuses forget about success and if you want success don’t give excuses.”
“Stress is the gap between our Expectation and Reality. More the gap, more the stress, so expect nothing and accept everything.”
We look forward for your valuable comment www.carajput.com
FOR FURTHER QUERIES CONTACT US: