CORPORATE AND PROFESSIONAL UPDATE OCT 26, 2016
- Karnataka High Court held that Sale consideration received by the assessee is entitled to benefit under Section 54 of the Income Tax Act, even though the transaction for purchase of new property was not completed and possession was also not handed over to the assessee within 2 years- (CIT Vs Mrs. Shakuntala Devi (Karnataka High Court)
- Compensation received by flat owner from builder for hardship caused due to redevelopment of the building is a non-taxable receipt and has to be reduced from the cost of the flat-(Jitendra Kumar Soneja vs. ITO (ITAT Mumbai)
- FM: Better tax payer services key to direct tax reforms; Launches SMS Alert Service for about 2.5 crore private and Government salaried employees in order to directly inform them about the deposit of tax deducted at the end of every quarter. Press Information Bureau 24October2016 19:26 IST
- Allahabad High Court in the below mentioned case held that the assessee cannot be forced to pay entire disputed amount when the assessment proceedings are pending. The department can only take action to ensure compliance of order passed by the Court-(Prosper Build Home Pvt. Ltd. V/s. Union Of India (Allahabad High Court)
- AAR held that Processing of steel scrap into blended steel scrap amounts to manufacture-(T.T. Recycling Management India Private Limited (Authority for Advance Rulings)
- Draft rules for prescribing the method of valuation of fair market value in respect of the trust or the institution ceases to exist as charitable organization or converts into a non-charitable organization have been prescribed.
- Quarterly returns under DVAT Act and CST Act for dealers registered in Delhi or the 2nd quarter of 2016 ended on 30.9.2016 is due to be filed on or before 28.10.2016 along with details of closing stocks as at 31.3.2016
- Under GST a taxable person who has taken registration voluntarily cannot apply for cancellation before completion of one year from date of registration.
- Aprox 80 lakhs of the existing assessees of excise, customs, service tax and VAT will start shifting to GSTN Portal on 8th November 2016. This is going to be one of the biggest moves for GST implementation.
- Under GST every taxable person (other than Composition Supplier) has to submit final return before cancellation of registration.
FAQ on Company Law:
- Query Can an Indian company be amalgamated with another foreign company?
Answer: Yes, subject to the provisions of Section 234 of the Companies Act 2013, an Indian company can be amalgamated with another foreign company. Provided that prior approval of Reserve Bank of India should have been obtained by the foreign company in this behalf.
- Query : Can an Independent director be reappointed after the term for he was appointed is complete?
Answer: As per the provisions of section 149 (10), an independent director shall hold office for a term up to five consecutive years on the Board of a company, but shall be eligible for reappointment on passing of a special resolution by the company and disclosure of such appointment in the Board’s report.
- SEBI issued disclosure norms for listed insurance companies in respect to their quarterly results. Besides, additional disclosures should be made as prescribed by IRDAI.
- SEBI introduced an online system for investment advisers and research analysts which aims to ease the operations in terms of registration and compliance reporting, etc.
- Compulsory acquisition of non-agricultural land is also tax-free under new Land Acquisition Act: CBDT Circular No. 36/2016 Dated 25th October 2016
- Haryana government has revised minimum wages for different categories of workers, in exercise of the powers conferred by Sub-Section (2) of Section 5 of the Minimum Wages Act, 1948.
- Advance information for 1st fortnight of Nov of function with booking cost more than Rs. 1 Lakh in Banquet halls, hotels etc in Delhi-27.10.2016
- Filling of DVAT Return verification form for quarter ended September where return not signed with digital signature:- 28.10.2016
- Return of TDS for September quarter in DVAT-48 -28.10.2016
- Return by scheduled bank branches in Delhi engaged in sale of silver, gold, repossessed vehicle for quarter ended September:-28.10.2016
Keep your face always toward the sunshine-and shadows will fall behind you. Walt Whitman
Truth is always like oil in water. No matter how much water you add oil always floats on top.
We look forward for your valuable comments. www.carajput.com
FOR FURTHER QUERIES CONTACT US: W: www.carajput.com E: email@example.com T: 011-233-4-3333, 9-555-555-480