Highlights on Improvement in the GSTR-1/IFF Filing
GSTN has implemented several enhancements/improvements to the GSTR-1/Invoice Furnishing Facility on the GST Portal, which will take effect on November 26, 2021. The purpose of this article is to highlight the most recent GSTR-1/IFF filing improvements.
Summary of the Goods and Service Tax Network Notification:
GSTN published On November 26th, 2021 an advisory entitled “Recent Enhancement in the GSTR-/IFF Filing.”
• The Goods and Service Tax Network said that a new and improved version of GSTR-1/Invoice Furnishing Facility is now accessible on the GST Portal, with the goal of improving the taxpayer experience.
• These improvements will make saving GSTR-1 data on the GST Portal more efficient and user-friendly.
The changes would be implement in two phases over time. The advice for Phase -1 was issued on November 27, 2021, and the advisory for Phase -2 will give taxpayers with an updated GSTR-1 online summary view, recipient(s) wise summary PDF, and eliminate the need to SUBMIT before FILE.
GSTR-1 is a monthly or quarterly return that all normal taxpayers with GST registration are required to file. The Form contains information about the business entity’s outbound supply.
• The GSTR-1 is a Sales Return that enables taxpayers to file both B2B and B2C invoices.
• Only Composition Scheme merchants, Non-Resident Taxable Persons, and Casual Taxable Persons are exempt from filing a GSTR 1 return.
The Invoice Furnishing Facility (IFF) allows quarterly GSTR-1 filers to upload their B2B invoices into their IFF Return.
Primary difference between the two is that B2C invoices cannot be uploaded in IFF.
For more details about the Invoice Furnishing Facility, Click here
Advantage of Present Improvement in the IFF/GSTR-1 Filing
• GSTR-1 Dashboard Reorganized — GST Taxpayers will now have access to a more user-friendly online user interface in GSTR-1/IFF.
• Table/Tile Document Counts– Color-coding has made the document count for each tile (table) more informative.
• Improvements to the B2B & CDNR table/tile – GST Taxpayers will now be able to see a new record details table that includes the recipient-by-recipient count of records.
• A new check has been added to the system that will check whether the taxpayer has contributed new records after generating the summary.
• Records per page feature – The system will now provide the records per page feature in all tables under the ADD RECORD DETAILS area, allowing for easier viewing.
GSTR-1 can be read by going to the Goods and Service Tax home page as usual.
• After logging into the Portal, go to the Returns Dashboard and select Period Selection.
• The taxpayer can prepare the GSTR-1 form and file it online by clicking on Details of outward supplies of goods or services GSTR-1.
GSTR-1/IFF Filing has been updated with new functionality.
The following is an explanation of the updated functionality in the GSTR-1/IFF Filing:
Reorganized GSTR-1 Dashboard
GST taxpayers can now experience an improvement online user interface in IFF/ GSTR-1 with the below changes:
• To make it easier to find, the e-invoice advisory and assistance links have been placed to the top of the dashboard page.
• GSTR-1/IFF is split into 2 parts: ADD RECORD DETAILS and AMEND RECORD DETAIL.
Latest Enhancement in the GSTR-1Filing – Reorganized GSTR-1 Dashboard
Add Record Details
All the tiles/ tables for new information its addition shall be available in by add record details section
By default, ADD RECORD DETAILS section shall be in expanded form (visible)
Amend Record Details
All the tiles/ tables for amending previously filed details shall be available in amend record details section
AMEND RECORD DETAILS section shall be in the collapsed form (hidden).
Note: GST Taxpayers can collapse or expand these sections as per the needs.
Table/Tile Document Counts
With this latest enhancement in GSTR-1 Filing, the document count for each table has been made more helpful with color-coding.
• The status of submitted documents (Saved, Pending, Errored) as well as their count will be visible.
• Taxpayers can now check the dashboard to see if there are any pending or errored records in any of the GSTR-1/IFF tables.
• The system will update the number of records in the tiles in real time, making reconciliation easier.
• If any of the taxpayer’s records are missing or incorrect, the tile will be highlighted in red.
Latest Enhancement in the GSTR-1Filing – Table Document Counts
B2B and CDNR table/tile improvements
All GST Taxpayers can now see a new record details table that shows the recipient-by-recipient count of records. The columns in the record details table will be as follows:
• GST Taxpayer type – This column will show the kind of receiving taxpayer (Regular, SEZ, and Composition).
• Processed invoice – This column will provide a hyperlink to the number of processed invoices. When the taxpayer clicks it, they will be taken to the document details page, where they will be able to see all of the records that have been added for the specific beneficiary (s).
• Pending/erroneous invoice — This column will provide a hyperlink to the number of pending invoices. A taxpayer can go to the pending/errored records details page by clicking it to see all the records for the respective recipient that are in the pending or errored condition (s).
• Add Invoice – The taxpayer can create new records for the receiver he or she has chosen. The add page will open with the recipient GSTIN pre-filled when you click the + symbol. The add page will reopen after clicking save, allowing taxpayers to continue adding numerous records.
• Search – The Document Details page now includes a general search option. Taxpayers can now search specific records about a given GSTIN using this tool. This will make it easier for taxpayers to look for new records.
Records per Page Feature
- The records per page functionality will now be available in all tables under the ADD RECORD DETAILS area, allowing for easier browsing. This feature will allow taxpayers to choose how many records per page they want to see.
- Records per page setting is set to 10 records per page by default, however it can be adjusted to 50 records per page.
A new procedure for filing GSTR-1/IFF has been established.
As previously noted, a new check has been added to the system to see if the taxpayer has contributed any new records after the summary has been generated.
Note: If new records are entered, the SUBMIT and PREVIEW buttons will be blocked until a fresh summary is generated once the records have been updated. This check will guarantee that the GSTR-1/IFF is always filed with the accurate and up-to-date summary, and that no errors are made in this regard.
Outward Supplies Details should be uploaded.
· GST Taxpayers can use the methods outlined below to upload details of outward supplies and file GSTR-1/IFF:
· Taxpayers under GST can add or change records in the GSTR-1/IFF tables.
· After saving the records, the taxpayer should click the GENERATE SUMMARY button.
· The system will allow the PREVIEW and SUBMIT buttons after the summary has been successfully generated.
· If a taxpayer wants to verify the summary of GSTR-1/IFF, he or she can obtain the summary PDF by clicking the PREVIEW option.
· Before SUBIT/FILE of GSTR-1/IFF, a taxpayer can make necessary adjustments. If additional records are entered after the summary is generated, the SUBMIT and PREVIEW buttons will be hidden until a new summary is prepared by clicking the GENERATE SUMMARY button after changing the records.
· In the event that even the most recent summary is not available or generated, the taxpayer will be notified to generate a new summary.
Generate a summary & Upload it in. GSTR-1/IFF
After making changes to GSTR-1/IFF, the GST taxpayer must select the make Generate & summary option before submitting or filing GSTR-1/IFF.
Popular Articles :