Govt providing free online Aadhaar card update service
Indian Govt providing free online Aadhaar card update service: How it works?
- According to Unique Identification Authority of India, the myAadhaar portal offers the free Aadhaar updating service. To revalidate their demographic information, the UIDAI has been urging residents to upload PoI/PoA (Proof of Identification and Proof of Address) documents.
- UIDAI has decided to allow to the residents of India to update documents in their respective Aadhaar card No online at free of cost, a people-centric move that will benefit Millions of individuals who is residents of India.
- Ministry of Electronics & IT said that “Particularly in case Aadhaar card was issued ten years back & thereafter it is not got updated. This Aadhaar card update service will give help in easy of living, enhances authentication success rate and better service delivery ,”
- if they need to update their demographic details (Name, Date of Birth, Address, etc.): Residents have 2 alternatives for that they can use the regular online update service or go to the nearest Aadhar centre (In such cases, normal fees will be charged).
Aadhaar document update
- Indian Residents can login on myAadhaar portal i.e https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ using their Aadhaar No.
- We needed to OTP (One Time Password) will be share to registered cell No, one has to just select on ‘Document Update’ & present information of resident will be shown there.
- An Indian resident Aadhaar card holder required to verify the information, if you found correct, select next hyper-link. In next screen, the resident has to choose Proof of Address document & Proof of Identity from dropdown list & upload There copies of the same to update there respective documents
- It’s intriguing to learn that the government is also developing a platform that will enable citizens to update other important papers using their Aadhar. Aadhaar-linked documents held on DigiLocker, the government’s digital document vault, will automatically update if the resident makes any Aadhaar changes.
- Moreover that it was said that users would have an option as to whether they wanted this service once the framework was in place. But, the rollout may possibly take some time.