CORPORATE AND PROFESSIONAL UPDATE DATED MARCH 9, 2016
• IT: There cannot be a notice for re-assessment inasmuch as the question of re-assessment arises only when there is an assessment in the first instance – M/s Standard Chartered Finance Ltd. Vs. CIT, Bangalore & Anr (2016 (3) TMI 150 – Supreme Court)
• IT – VDS’ 2016: Cases where notices have been issued or search has taken place or individuals against whom Govt. has prior information from another Country won’t be eligible for scheme.
• INCOME ACCRUEL OF INTREST :Where assessee was following mercantile system of accounting, once interest amount had been credited to assessee and tax had also been deducted by payer, assessee could not take plea of not offering it as income on ground that he had not actually received same –  (Mumbai – Trib.)
• CBDT notifies 15% depreciation allowance on Oil Wells. Notification 13/2016.
• ST: Management Maintenance and Repair Services – Whether notional interest to be taken as value of service – prima facie case is against the appellant since Notional interest is to be included in the value of services – Satya Prakash Builders Pvt. Ltd. Vs. CCE&ST, Jaipur-I (2016 (3) TMI 137 – CESTAT New Delhi
• 6% Tax on online advertisement / Google Tax, Such provisions are applicable from 1st June, 2016.The levy clearly is targeted to tax various online advertisements companies like YouTube , Google , Facebook , Twitter etc.
• Bank Branch Statutory Audit: Banks have received the lists from RBI and commenced sending emails to the prospective Auditors.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances; Hope the information will assist you in your Professional endeavors. For query or help, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 9555555480