APEDA (RCMC) REGISTRATION
- Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is basically a government organization that has been established in order to develop and promote the export of scheduled products.
- APEDA is an authority that gives financial assistance, information, and guidelines towards the development of scheduled products.
- During this article, we would be discussing everything about APEDA (RCMC) Registration / License including documents required, benefits, the process of APEDA RCMC Registration in India.
- APEDA is the short form for the Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority.
- It’s a Government Organization, established for the purpose of event and promotion of export for scheduled products.
Objective of Apeda
- The main objective of APEDA is to provide for and develop the export of the scheduled products.
- Central govt laid the principles & regulations regarding the export of such scheduled products & has implemented the said principles by means of a body for the efficient administration of the APEDA Act.
FUNCTIONS OF APEDA AUTHORITIES
Authorities are assigned with functions such as:
· Promotion of export-oriented manufacturing and development of Scheduled products.
· Providing for standards and specifications of the scheduled products.
· Registration of eligible exporters of scheduled products, upon payment of requisite fees.
· Improvising the packaging and marketing standards of the Scheduled products.
· Carrying out an inspection of products with the aim of ensuring the standard of such products.
· Training is inculcated in various aspects of industries, in relation to scheduled products.
· Development of industries referring to the scheduled products and undertaking surveys, feasibility studies, etc.
· Provides for the collection of statistics from owners of factories and thereby publishing the same.
· Providing for standard-setting and specifications of scheduled products.
· A Promotion of export manufacturing and development of scheduled products.
· Registration of the exporters of scheduled products, upon payment of requisite fees.
· Enhancement of marketing and packaging of scheduled products.
· Conduct an inspection of products for the aim of ensuring the standard of such products.
· Providing for training, in respect of certain parts of industries, related to the scheduled products.
· Development of industries in respect of scheduled products, feasibility studies, and undertaking surveys etc.
· Collection of statistics from the owners of factories and publishing the same.
APEDA RCMC Registration
· RCMC stands for registration cum membership certificate. it’s a membership certificate issued by the Export Promotional Councils (EPCs) or Commodity Boards of India. RCMC could be proof that the exporter is registered with the Export Promotional Council / Commodity Boards.
· Application for registration shall be made within 1 month from the date of exporting of product.
· A person may be registered either as a vendor exporter or as a producing exporter.
SCHEDULED PRODUCTS UNDER APEDA ACT
APEDA is responsible for marketing and developing the activities of export of the subsequent mentioned products –
• Meat and meat products
• Fruits, vegetables and their products
• Poultry and poultry products
• Dairy products
• Honey, jaggery and sugar products
• Confectionery, biscuits and bakery products
• Cocoa and its products, including chocolates of each kind.
• Groundnuts, peanuts and walnuts
• Cereal and cereal products
• Pickles, papads and chutneys
• Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
• Guar gum
• Herbal and medicinal plants
• Floriculture and Floriculture products
• Along with these products, one amongst the first responsibility of the APEDA is to keep a watch and monitor the import of sugar.
Advantage Apeda Registration
· If one wishes to export the scheduled products, APEDA registration is important.
· Additionally, the exporters will get various financial assistance through the schemes formulated by APEDA.
· It provides other services like an advertisement, packaging development, database up-gradation, surveys, etc., and hence helps in building brand image and publicity of the exporters.
· APEDA provides guidelines to exporters about the various products and countries to contemplate exporting within the future.
· There are various training programs being organized by the APEDA, in respect of various schedules products. These programs help in improving their business.
· Registered members are allowed to participate in training programs in respect of various scheduled products.
· APEDA RCMC Registration has been made mandatory for the exporters exporting scheduled products, as provided under APEDA Act.
· Moreover, Exporter having RCMC Registration, can obtain guidelines, in order to improve their packaging and marketing of the Scheduled Products.
· Also, the exporter having registration under APEDA is eligible to attend training sessions in relation to Scheduled Products.
· The exporter may also get their names listed as an exporter on Exporters Directory, posted on the APEDA website.
PROCESS FOR APEDA REGISTRATION
Step1: Login into the Official website of APEDA and register the applicant.
Step2: Register yourself as a member and submit all the required details.
Step3: OTP shall be sent to your registered Email address and mobile number for verification.
Step4: Once the verification is completed, one has to prepare the application form by filling up all the required information and attaching all the specified documents.
Step5: Then one must pay the prescribed Government fees via the prescribed payment method.
Step6: Once the payment of fees is successful, an APEDA Application Number is generated and the same be preserved for future references.
Step7: The ultimate step for obtaining the APEDA Registration process is approval from the RCMC, APEDA Officials.
Step8: Once the approval is granted by the authority, the APEDA RCMC Certificate is served to the applicant on the APEDA portal.
Once the application is completely filed and the requisite fees is paid by the applicant, the authority will issue the Registration -Cum- Membership- Certificate (RCMC) and the name of the exporter is added to the list of APEDA members.
Online Registration Process APEDA
With the target of simplification of procedures and ease in doing business with effect from 1.8.2015, the issuance of RCMC has been made online using digital signatures.
Exporters can submit an application online and also the steps are listed below:
Step 1: Login into the Official website of APEDA and register the applicant.
Step 2: Register yourself as member and submit all the required details.
Step 3: OTP shall be sent to your registered Email address and mobile number for verification.
Step 4: Once the verification is completed, one must prepare the application form by filling up all the mandatory information and attaching all the desired documents.
Step 5: Then one has to pay the prescribed Government fees via the prescribed payment method.
Step 6: Once the payment of fees is successful, an APEDA Application Number is generated and the same be preserved for future references.
Step 7: The ultimate step for obtaining APEDA Registration process is approval from the RCMC, APEDA Officials. The status of approval can be viewed by logging into the portal.
Step 8: Once the approval is granted by the authority, the APEDA RCMC Certificate will be served on the APEDA portal. Login under the heading of “View RCMC Certificate” under RCMC Menu.
APEDA REGISTRATION FEES
· Rs. 5000 (exclusive of GST).
· Payment be made either online (credit/debit cards) or Offline (Demand Draft in favour of APEDA payable in respective cities of APEDA Offices).
· Government fees paid are refunded by the registering authority just in case of refusal of registration.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED OF APEDA
· PAN is an important and mandatory document for all companies and firms.
· Import Export Code Certificate a person or the business type who intends to import or export goods and services from or to India must require an Import Exports Code.
· List of Products APEDA do export promotion and development of the scheduled Agri products for require APEDA Certificate.
· Details of All Directors/Partners/Proprietor Documents like details of all directors, partners and proprietors must be submitted within the APEDA Registration application.
· Bank Certificate it’s mandatory to get Bank Certificate that’s duly approved by the concerned authorities. Duly signed Bank certificate.
· Bank Account Statement in respect of past 2 months. Latest two months bank account statement If one is registering himself as a Manufacturer Exporter, He must furnish a self-attested copy of the corporate registration together with certifications from relevant certification agencies for the subsequent products
· Cancelled cheque of the Company’s bank account.
· A form duly signed.
· Import-Export code issued by D.G.F.T
CERTIFICATION AGENCIES FOR APEDA
|FLORICULTURE AND SEEDS OF FRUITS & VEGETABLE.||DEPARTMENT OF HORTICULTURE / DIC / SIA / FSSAI|
|HERBAL & MEDICINAL PLANTS||DEPARTMENT OF HORTICULTURE / DIC / SIA / FSSAI, CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY ANY GOVT. INSTITUTION OF AYURVEDA.|
|FRESH FRUITS & VEGETABLES||DEPARTMENT OF HORTICULTURE / DIC / SIA / FSSAI|
|GROUNDNUT/PULSES/GUAR GUM||FSSAI/ CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY MSME (UDYAM REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE) / NOC ISSUED BY POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD.|
|PROCESSED FRUITS & VEGETABLES/OTHER
PROCESSED FRUITS & VEGETABLES/
A PROCESSED FOOD PRODUCTS/DRIED AND
|FSSAI LICENSE/ CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY MSME (UDYAM REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE) / NOC ISSUED BY POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD|
|DAIRY/POULTRY/HONEY/MEAT||FSSAI/MSME (UDYAM REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE) / NOC ISSUED BY POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD.|
|CEREALS AND CEREAL PRODUCTS:||FSSAI / MSME (UDYAM REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE) / NOC ISSUED BY POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD.|
|ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES||FSSAI / DEPARTMENT OF EXCISE COMMISSIONER / NOC ISSUED BY POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD.|
VALIDITY OF APEDA RCMC REGISTRATION
- APEDA RCMC Registration is valid for five Financial Years.
- After the completion of 5 years, if one wishes to renew your APEDA RCMC certificate.
Having APEDA Registration for the exporter who is dealing with the export of the scheduled products is mandatory. Members registered under APEDA are eligible to participate under various training programs in respect of various scheduled products, in order to improve their business.
APEDA necessitates Value addition, diversification of agricultural produce!
Oct 30, 2020. In the recently concluded National Conference, being conducted for improving export competitiveness and enhancement of farmer’s income, APEDA chairman and Dr M. Angamuthu (IAS) needed increasing value addition and developing a technique for diversification for food production in India. He further stated that organic farming is that the way forward for agriculture in India.