Professional Update for the Day:
- Bombay High Court in the below cited case held that when the assessee’s volume of purchasing & selling shares is quite high with higher frequency of buying and selling with holding 75 days or less then its prima facie indicate that it is engaged in trading of shares unless the assessee provide a sound reasoning that why transactions should not be considered as trading activity. [Pine Tree Finserve Pvt. Ltd. Vs CIT]
- CBDT notification no. 2/2017 Report cash deposit in Bank & Post Office A/c’s between 01.04.2016 to 09.11.2016.
- SC dismisses assessee’s SLP for lack of merit against HC order denying service tax refund under Notification No. 41/2007-ST absent inclusion of exported services from date of issue of Notification[TS-1-SC-2017-ST]
- Delhi HC shows leniency to assessee, reduces penalty levied u/s 78 of Finance Act to 25% of entire tax due on deposit of balance amount within 30 days, where assessee failed to obtain registration or file ST returns despite liability [TS-555-HC-2016(DEL)-ST]
- CBEC notified that overseas companies providing online information and database access (‘OIDAR’) services will have to pay service tax from December 1, 2016.
- MCA, in the interest of public, directs that certain provisions of Companies Act, 2013 shall not apply or shall apply with some exceptions, modifications and adaptations to an unlisted company which is licensed to operate by RBI or SEBI or IRDA located in an approved multi services SEZ set-up Vide Notification.
- Black money would be taxable at higher rates; Finance Minister Mr. Jaitley said on Demonetization, IDS & Cashless Economy.
- Causal taxable person or non-resident taxable person must apply for registration at least 5 days before actual commencement of business.
- Return by units paying duty > 1 crore (CENVAT + PLA) for December – 10.01.2017.
- Return of Non SSI assesses for December – 10.01.2017.
- Return of SSI assesses for quarter ending December – 10.01.2017.
- Return for EOUs for December – 10.01.2017.
- Due date to deposit of DVAT of December – 21.01.2017.
“Nothing is interesting if you are not interested.”
“Expectation is a gift, not a burden. When people expect something from you, it means you have given them reasons to believe in you.”
We look forward for your valuable comment www.carajput.com
FOR FURTHER QUERIES CONTACT US:
W: www.carajput.com E: email@example.com T: 011-233-4-3333 , 9-555-555-480
All efforts are made to keep the content of this site correct and up-to-date. But, this site does not make any claim regarding the information provided on its pages as correct and up-to-date. The contents of this site cannot be treated or interpreted as a statement of law. In case, any loss or damage is caused to any person due to his/her treating or interpreting the contents of this site or any part thereof as correct, complete and up-to-date statement of law out of ignorance or otherwise, this site will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for such loss or damage.
The visitors may visit the web site of Government site Like Income Tax Department, Services Tax, Excise, Etc for resolving their doubts or for clarifications.