Professional Update for the day:
- Delhi HC upholds charity exemption u/s. 11 to Vishwa Hindu Parishad (assessee, ‘VHP’) for AY 1993-94 despite assessee’s failure to comply with mandatory condition u/s. 12A(b) of filing of audit report [TS-184-HC-2017(DEL)]
- Delhi HC held that deprecation cannot be claimed in respect of Written Off / unusable Assets. Commissioner of Income Tax Vs Brawn Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (Delhi High Court)
- Interest liability arising due to order of court was allowable expense, though order was stayed by divisional bench.
- Reduced price charged from Hawkers to supply newspaper couldn’t be treated as commission, No TDS liability u/s 194H
- DVAT has extended the last date of filing of online/hard copy of fourth quarter return for the year 2016-17, in Form DVAT-16, DVAT-17 and DVAT-48 along with required annexure/enclosures upto 30.05.2017 Vide Circular No. 5 of 2017-18 dated 15.05.2017.
- HC upholds levy of excise duty along with interest and penalty on removal of mercury, upon closure of Mercury Cell Processing Plant where Caustic Soda was being manufactured; Rejects assessee’s reliance on Indian Organic Chemicals Ltd. decision and contention that since Mercury acts only as a cathode in process of electrolysis without being consumed, no tax is payable on Mercury recovered / retrieved pursuant to closure of plant [TS-109-HC-2017(KER)-EXC]
- Federation of Indian Export Organizations (FIEO) Allow exporters to pay GST on transaction through e-currency.
- E-payment of DVAT & CST for April: 21.05.2017
- Payment of ESI of April: 21.05.2017
- Issue of DVAT certificates for deduction made in April: 22.05.2017
- The Ministry of Home Affairs has offered a one-time exemption to Non-Government Organizations to file ‘missing’ returns as mandated by the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act without being levied any fine.
- Vijaya Bank invites applications for empanel as concurrent Auditors for the year 2017-18, by 20.05.2017.
Quote of the Day:
“It’s always seem to be impossible until it’s done.”
We look forward for your valuable comment www.carajput.com
FOR FURTHER QUERIES CONTACT US:
W: www.carajput.com E: email@example.com T: 011-233-4-3333, 9-555-555-480
All efforts are made to keep the content of this site correct and up-to-date. But, this site does not make any claim regarding the information provided on its pages as correct and up-to-date. The contents of this site cannot be treated or interpreted as a statement of law. In case, any loss or damage is caused to any person due to his/her treating or interpreting the contents of this site or any part thereof as correct, complete and up-to-date statement of law out of ignorance or otherwise, this site will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for such loss or damage.
The visitors may visit the web site of Government site Like Income Tax Department, Services Tax, Excise, Etc for resolving their doubts or for clarifications.