Professional Update for the Day:
- Reopening u/s 147 of the assessment is not valid if the reasons recorded are incoherent and do not indicate what the basis for reopening is – Delhi High Court in Sabharwal Properties Ind Pvt. Ltd vs. ITO.
- Continuous payments made to transporters would be aggregated to consider TDS limit under sec. 194C Sri Shivamurthy v. Additional Commissioner of Income-tax, Shimoga Range, Shimoga  (Bangalore – Trib.)
- No benchmarking at entity level when assessee was earning more than 50% of revenue from Non-AE clients AXA Technologies Shared Services (P.) Ltd. v.Deputy Commissioner of Income-tax, Circle-11(1), Bangalore  (Bangalore – Trib.)
- HC : Reverses ITAT; Concealment penalty unsustainable on DRE-deduction claim despite earlier year disallowance [TS-650-HC-2016(BOM)]
- CBEC has issued instructions dated 9th December, 2016 for the use of digital mode of payment while making financial transactions as this will disclose all financial transactions and hence enhanced turnover might get reflected in the Books of Accounts.
Companies Act Update:-
- Of India issued report on Companies Amendment Bill, 2016.
- MCA has notified the Companies (Transfer of Pending Proceedings) Rules, 2016 which shall come into force w.e.f 15th December, 2016 except rule 4, which shall come into force from 1st April, 2017.
- Senior IRS officer Rajendra Kumar appointed as the new member of the CBDT, the policy making body for the Income Tax Department.
- Payment of Advance Income Tax for all assessees (75%) : 15/12/2016.
- E-Payment of PF for Nov: 15/12/2016.
- Payment of DVAT TDS for Nov : 15/12/2016.
- Issue of TDS certificate in case of payment/credit made in Oct for purchase of property u/s 194IA : 15/12/2016.
“Beautiful relation is like a ring when you wear it, it will hold your finger tightly, and when you remove it, it will surely make you feel it’s absence with a mark.”
“No candle loses its light while lighting another candle. So never stop sharing and helping others because it makes your life more meaningful.”
We look forward for your valuable comment www.carajput.com
FOR FURTHER QUERIES CONTACT US:
W: www.carajput.com E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 011-233-4-3333, 9-555-555-480
All efforts are made to keep the content of this site correct and up-to-date. But, this site does not make any claim regarding the information provided on its pages as correct and up-to-date. The contents of this site cannot be treated or interpreted as a statement of law. In case, any loss or damage is caused to any person due to his/her treating or interpreting the contents of this site or any part thereof as correct, complete and up-to-date statement of law out of ignorance or otherwise, this site will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for such loss or damage.
The visitors may visit the web site of Government site Like Income Tax Department, Services Tax, Excise, Etc for resolving their doubts or for clarifications.