Professional Update For the Day:
- CBDT has issued a prèss release dated 14th December, 2016 regarding filling of Revised Income Tax Returns by the Tax payers post de-monetisation of currency. This is done to discover any omission or any wrong statement therein.
- ITAT Kolkatta held that deposit in bank account of supplier in compliance with govt. regulations who is wholesale dealer where genuiness of transaction is not disputed by revenue cannot be disallowed as the same is routed through banking channels making evasion of taxes difficult thus, not defeating the provisions of sec 40A(3). [Bolkunda Pachwai & (S) C.S. Shop Vs Income Tax Officer]
- ITAT Hydrabad held that when the object of assessee’s business is to develop and let out the properties then even when it is also providing other facilities to the tenants still the assessee’s income will be assessable as business income. [DCIT Vs M/s. Alexandria Knowledge Park Pvt. Ltd.]
- CESTAT Mumbai held that it is settled law that even a licence obtained by fraud or mis-representation of facts is only voidable and not void ab-initio. It is good in law until it is avoided. Therefore, no recovery can be made by the bonafide purchaser of the scrip.[Sumit Wool Processors Vs Commissioner of Customs (Imports)/ (Exports)]
- CESTAT Delhi in the below cited case held that service tax is not payable on the notional interest accrued on the security deposit received on providing immovable property on rent. [The lake Palace Hotels and Motels P Ltd Vs Commissioner of Central Excise]
- GST will be applicable on all books at applicable rates exemption only to text books & art works. GST council to decide on any other exemptions.
- RBI has notified Amendments to Master Direction (MD) on KYC two major changes being notified are to allow One Time Pin (OTP) based e-KYC Scheduled Commercial Banks (SCBs) shall upload the KYC data pertaining to all new individual accounts opened on or after January 1,2017.
- RBI on a review, has decided to extend the time for deployment of Aadhaar-enabled devices till June 30, 2017.
- Finance Minister Mr. Jaitley hints at tax rate might be brought down as demonetization will increase taxation base.
- The Board of Trustees has decided to provide financial assistance of Rs. 1500/- p.m for IPCC course and Rs. 2000/- p.m. for final in accordance with ICAI Regulation.
- Payment of Advance Income Tax for all assessees (75%) : 15/12/2016
- E-Payment of PF for Nov: 15/12/2016
- Payment of DVAT TDS for Nov : 15/12/2016
- Issue of TDS certificate in case of payment/credit made in Oct for purchase of property u/s 194IA : 15/12/2016
“Patience is a great quality. We should learn it from the sun and the moon. Both patiently wait for their turn.”
“The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.”
We look forward for your valuable comment www.carajput.com
FOR FURTHER QUERIES CONTACT US:
W: www.carajput.com E: firstname.lastname@example.org T:011-233-4-3333 , 9-555-555-480
All efforts are made to keep the content of this site correct and up-to-date. But, this site does not make any claim regarding the information provided on its pages as correct and up-to-date. The contents of this site cannot be treated or interpreted as a statement of law. In case, any loss or damage is caused to any person due to his/her treating or interpreting the contents of this site or any part thereof as correct, complete and up-to-date statement of law out of ignorance or otherwise, this site will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for such loss or damage.
The visitors may visit the web site of Government site Like Income Tax Department, Services Tax, Excise, Etc for resolving their doubts or for clarifications.