Professional Update for the Day:
- CBDT issues circular for TDS on salary for FY 2016-17 Vide Circular No 01/2017. Circular contains rates of deduction of income-tax on income chargeable under the head “Salaries” and provide illustrations on calculation of tax liability.
- CBDT issues Press release regarding India and Kazakhstan signing Protocol to amend the Double Taxation Avoidance Convention (DTAC).
- In revised GST Model Law, business vertical has been defined in sec 2(18) itself & reference to AS-17 (Segment Reporting) has been removed.
- CESTAT Mumbai held that as per rule 11(1) of CENVAT Credit Rules, 2004 read with Notification 23/2004 – CE, the amount of credit earned by the manufacturer under CENVAT Credit Rules, 2002, which existed prior to 10.09.2004, can be utilized by them as per transitional rule 11 of the new CENVAT Credit Rules, 2004. [ Arbes Tools Pvt. Ltd. Vs CCE ]
- Madras High Court has held that the assessee is entitled to Service Tax Credit on catering services. M/s IP Rings Ltd v. CESTAT Chennai.
- SEBI relaxes rules for angel funds to boost start-up funding .To give a fillip to start-up funding; markets regulator SEBI has relaxed its rules for investment by angel funds.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has issued much awaited guidance note on board evaluation.
- Due date of deposit of Tax deducted/collected for month of December – 07.01.2017.
- Return by units paying duty > 1 crore (CENVAT + PLA) for December – 10.01.2017.
- Return of Non SSI assesses for December – 10.01.2017.
- Return of SSI assesses for quarter ending December – 10.01.2017.
- Return for EOUs for December – 10.01.2017.
- Due date to deposit of DVAT of December – 21.01.2017.
“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”
“Birth & Death are two fixed ends, the game is in between. It’s not that you have to win every time, but more important is how you participate.”
We look forward for your valuable comment www.carajput.com
FOR FURTHER QUERIES CONTACT US:
W: www.carajput.com E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 011-233-4-3333 , 9-555-555-480
All efforts are made to keep the content of this site correct and up-to-date. But, this site does not make any claim regarding the information provided on its pages as correct and up-to-date. The contents of this site cannot be treated or interpreted as a statement of law. In case, any loss or damage is caused to any person due to his/her treating or interpreting the contents of this site or any part thereof as correct, complete and up-to-date statement of law out of ignorance or otherwise, this site will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for such loss or damage.
The visitors may visit the web site of Government site Like Income Tax Department, Services Tax, Excise, Etc for resolving their doubts or for clarifications.