CORPORATE & PROFESSIONAL UPDATES:
- ANTI-RTI (Right to Information) policy of Reserve Bank of India is pulled up by Central Information Commission. The list of Defaulters of loans has to be provide within 45 days as ordered by the Supreme Court in its 2015 Judgment.
- A question is raised on the governor Urjit Patel why the name of willful Defaulters is not disclosed and has given a 10-day relief to the RBI and asked it to respond to the notice. Information Commissioner M Sridhar Acharyulu had issued the notice 2, giving Patel time till November 16 to explain. Acharyulu, who is set to retire on Tuesday, heard the matter on Friday and gave the central bank time till November 26 as sought by it. Acharyulu said, “The commission strongly recommends immediate correction and an appropriate action against RBI’s declared anti-RTI policy” and further ordered to disclose and time to time update.
- Huge addition in September payroll almost a million as per the data of EPFO. The highest addition in the past 13 months.
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) wants to amend the Public Procurement Order so that penal action can be taken against erring officials of procurement agencies of any government department if they include restrictive or discriminatory conditions against domestic suppliers in bid documents.
- CBDT amends Form of appeal to the Appellate Tribunal.
- Highest payroll in September as according to last 13 months
- In the case of Sushmita Sen Vs. ACIT received by Sushmita Sen towards damages for being sexually harassed not taxable
- SEBI asked listed companies to disclose detailed reasons for the delay in submission of financial results to the stock exchanges within one working day of the stipulated deadline. As in a case a company it was delayed which should be taken within a working day.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances; Before making any decision do consult your professional /tax advisor for their misrepresentation or interpretation of act or rules author does not take any responsibility. Neither the author nor the firm accepts any liability for the loss or damage of any kind arising out of information in this document or for any action taken in reliance there on. The author is a Chartered Accountant and the Chief Gardener & Founder Director of Rajput Jain & Associate, a leading Tax & Investment planning Advisor Service provider. His Blog can be found at http://carajput.com for any query you can write firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope the information will assist you in your professional endeavors. For query or help contact: email@example.com or call at 09811322785/4- 9555555480.