Simplification of process of Incorporation of Section 8 Companies:
- With a view to simplify the process for incorporating Section 8 Companies, requirement of prior filing of INC-12 for new section-8 companies is being dispensed with vide the Companies(Incorporation) Sixth Amendment Rules, 2019 dated 7th June, 2019.
- Henceforth, Section 8 Companies can be incorporated by either reserving names through Run and filing SPICe thereafter or by directly filing SPICe. Licence No for a section 8 company shall henceforth be allotted at the time of incorporation itself.
- In view of the above, all pending INC-12 SRNs for new Companies pending at respective RoCs would be marked as ‘Rejected’ on 15th August 2019. Such applicants may thereafter directly file SPICe for obtaining License Number and for incorporation of Section 8 Companies.
- Stakeholders who have already obtained License Numbers and are yet to file SPICe form for incorporating Sec 8 companies may do so at their convenience but may please note that the forms shall be processed only after a certain time lag to allow for work flow changes to take effect.
- Those stakeholders who have already filed SPICe forms which are pending at CRC may kindly await processing of these forms after the work flow changes take effect.
Key Due Dates:
- STATUTORY COMPLIANCE CALENDAR FOR AUGUST 2019: 07 Augus: TDS/TCS LIABILITY DEPOSIT – Due date of depositing TDS/TCS liabilities for previous month.
- 7 August: EQUALIZATION LEVY DEPOSIT- Equalization Levy is a direct tax, which is withheld at the time of payment by the service recipient where the annual payment made to one service provider (Non Residents only) exceeds Rs. 1,00,000 in one financial year for the specified and notified services.
- 10 August: GSTR-7 RETURN FILLING DUE DATE – Due Date for filing GSTR-7 by person liable to deduct TDS under GST for previous quarter.
- 10 August: GSTR-8 RETURN FILLING DUE DATE – GSTR-8 is a return to be filed by e-commerce operators who are required to deduct TCS (Tax collected at source) under GST.
- 11 August: GSTR-1 RETURN FILLING DUE DATE – GST Filing of returns by registered person with aggregate turnover more than 1.50 crores.
- 13 August: GSTR-6 RETURN FILLING DUE DATE- Due Date for filing return by Input Service Distributors for previous month.
- 15 August: PROVIDEND FUND / ESI DUE DATES- Due date for payment of Provident fund and ESI contribution for the previous month.
- 20 August: GSTR-5 RETURN FILLING DUE DATE- Due date of GSTR-5 (for Non-resident Taxable person) for the Previous month.
- 20 August: GSTR-5A RETURN FILLING DUE DATE- Return by person providing online information and database access or retrieval services by a person located outside India made to Non-Taxable persons in India for the previous month.
- 20 August: GSTR-3B RETURN FILLING DUE DATE – Due date for filling GSTR – 3B return for Previous month.
- 31 August: INCOME TAX RETURN EXTENDED- Filing income tax for individual and non-corporates [who are not subject to tax audit].
- 31 August: GSTR-9 RETURN FILLING DUE DATE – Annual Return to be filed by Regular Taxpayers filing GSTR 1, GSTR 2, and GSTR 3. It needs to be filed electronically on the GST portal directly or through a facilitation center.
- 31 August: GSTR-9A RETURN FILLING DUE DATE – Taxable Persons paying tax under Section 10 of CGST Act, the composition scheme, are required to submit their annual returns in Form GSTR 9A.
- 31 August: GSTR-9B RETURN FILLING DUE DATE- Annual Return to be filed by e-commerce operators who have filed GSTR 8 during the financial year.
- 31 August: GSTR-9C RETURN FILLING DUE DATE- Taxpayers whose annual turnover exceeds INR 2 crores in a Financial Year are required to get their accounts audited by a practicing Chartered Accountant or Cost Accountant before filing returns in Form GSTR 9C.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances; Before making any decision do consult your professional /tax advisor for their misrepresentation or interpretation of act or rules author does not take any responsibility. Neither the author nor the firm accepts any liability for the loss or damage of any kind arising out of information in this document or for any action taken in reliance there on. The author is a Chartered Accountant and the Chief Gardener & Founder Director of Rajput Jain & Associate, a leading Tax & Investment planning Advisor Service provider. His Blog can be found at http://carajput.com for any query you can write email@example.com. Hope the information will assist you in your professional endeavors. For query or help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 09811322785/4- 9555555480.
If this article has helped you in any way, i would appreciate if you could share/like it or leave a comment. Thank you for visiting my blog.