Image result for income tax

To check tax evasion, the Income Tax Department has stepped up its vigilance against undeclared income. Now, you have to report PAN on all your high-value transactions. Property registrars and financial institutions with which you deal with like your bank, insurer, Mutual Fund Company and Credit Card Company feed the tax department with information regarding your big transactions.

Example of few ways through which the tax department is monitoring your high-value transactions :

1) Your bank will inform the tax department if you have deposited cash, made a demand draft or fixed deposits aggregating up to Rs. 10 lakh or more in a financial year under different accounts.

2) The property registrar is liable to report purchase or sale of immovable property exceeding Rs. 30 lakh.

3) Now, TCS (tax collected at source) at the rate of 1 per cent is deducted and deposited to the tax department by the buyer in case of purchase of property over Rs. 50 lakh. This is just another way of reporting the transaction.

4) If you have made a cash payment of Rs. 1 lakh towards your credit card or Rs. 10 lakh or more through any other mode during the financial year, your credit card company will report the transactions to the tax authorities.

5) Purchase of shares, debentures and mutual funds of Rs. 10 lakh or more will have to be reported by the companies to the tax authorities.

6) If you are earning more than Rs. 50 lakh a year, you have to report your assets and liabilities in a new ITR (income tax return) form this year.

7) Now reporting of PAN is mandatory for making any purchase of goods and services of more than Rs. 2 lakh. Also, a TCS (tax collected at source) has been introduced from June 1 in case of purchase or sale of any goods and services for Rs. 2 lakh and more in cash.

8) According to experts, TDS is another way of tracking income of tax payers. Banks deduct TDS if interest income on fixed deposits is more than Rs. 10,000 in a year.

9) A 1 per cent luxury tax is levied on purchase of car priced over Rs. 10 lakh. It will be deducted by the seller of the car and will be applicable on ex-showroom price. However, this extra payment could be set off against the total tax liability of the buyer.

10) You also have to give your PAN for the following transactions:

  1. a) Sale or purchase of vehicles other than two-wheelers
  2. b) Opening a bank or a demat account; applying for credit card
  3. c) Opening a fixed deposit of more than Rs. 50,000
  4. d) Payment of more than Rs. 50,000 towards insurance premium
  5. e) Paying more than Rs. 50,000 in cash towards restaurant or hotel or foreign trip bills
  6. f) Purchase of mutual funds, debenture, bonds worth more than Rs. 50,000
  7. g) Depositing cash or more than Rs. 50,000 in bank

The tax department compares this information with the income tax return filed by Assesse. Through Income tax reporting the income tax department is amylase and come out to compare your overall income with your expenses and investment along with tax paid to assess the correct tax liability and investments and finally the get the tax evasion there if any,

In case you are confused to a business owner, feel free to consult with our experts at Rajput Jain & Associates, You can get comprehensive assistance on Income tax online.

(Disclaimer:  The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances; Before making any decisions do consult your Professional / tax advisor. For misrepresentation or interpretation of act or rules Author does not take any responsibility. Neither the author nor the firm accepts any liability for the loss or damage of any kind arising out of information in this document or for any action taken in reliance there on. The author is a Chartered Accountant and the Chief Gardener & Founder Director of Rajput Jain & Associates , a leading Tax & Investment Planning Advisory Service Provider. His blog can be found at https://carajput.com/blog/ For any query you can write to info@carajput.com. Hope the information will assist you in your Professional endeavors. For query or help, contact:   info@carajput.com or call at 09811322785/4 9555 5555 480)


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *