Direct Tax Updates:
- Finance Minister announced that there will be a change in the rule and the rate of TDS on the maturity amount, where the premium amount is more than 10% of the sum assured (more than 20 % of sum assured (SA) for policies issued between April 1, 2003 and March 31, 2012).
Indirect Tax Updates:
- GST collections stood at Rs 1.02 lakh crore in July, marginally up from the previous month, official data showed. The July 2019 mop-up was, however, 5.8 per cent higher than the Rs 96,483 crore collected in the same month last year.
- RBI barred NBFCs shall not charge foreclosure charges/pre- payment penalties on any floating rate term loans sanctioned for purposes other than business to individual borrowers, with or without co-obligants,” RBI said in a notification, without specifying from when the new rules will be effective.
- Sebi slapped Rs 94.5 lakh penalty on 17 entities for indulging in fraudulent trade practices in illiquid stock options segment on the BSE. SEBI during investigation between April-September 2015, found that 81.38 % of all the trades executed in the stock options segment involved reversal of buy and sell positions by the clients and counter-parties in a contract on the same day.
- Eight core sectors’ output rises 0.2 per cent YoY: Govt
- US Fed lowers interest rates for first time since 2008, signals more cuts
- HDFC lowers lending rates by 10 basis points
- Auto makers cut production by 11% in Q1: Report
- Govt receipts only 14% of full year target in 1st qtr
- Government raises subsidy for non-urea fertilisers
- Vedanta contributes 0.40% to India GDP, says study
- Core sector growth at 50-month low in June; 4 out of 8 sectors contract
- Jewellery exporters may be covered under credit insurance benefit
- Fiscal deficit touches Rs 4.32 trillion in Q1, 61.4% of budget estimate
- RBI allows domestic banks to sell NPAs abroad as one-time settlement
- FPIs pull out over Rs 11,000 crore in July, highest in nine months
- In 3 months, fiscal deficit exceeds 61% of full-year target
- Govt, exporters discuss strategy to increase exports to US, China
- Tamilnadu Petroproducts profit rises 90% in Q1
- Ashok Leyland’s Q1 profit plunges 45% to ₹230 cr
- Blue Dart April-June quarter profit drops 73%
- ICRA’s rating cut stifles Yes Bank’s ability to raise fresh capital
- Government gives more time to direct tax code panel to finalise report
- Cabinet approves bill to regulate chit funds industry
- Eicher Motors Q1 net dips 22% to ₹452 crore
- Tata Global Beverages Q1 net profit rises 10% to ₹141.68 crore
- Cabinet approves bill to prohibit all unregulated deposit schemes
- India’s exports need to contribute $1 trillion in economy: Piyush Goyal
- US ‘working hard’ with India to help grow its economy: Mike Pompeo
- Trade war: China blames US’ flip-flop as talks end without breakthrough
- Cafe Coffee Day term loans put on watch by Icra
- Rupee settles 6 paise higher against dollar ahead of Fed meet outcome
- IOC net drops 47 per cent on lower refinery margins
- Allahabad Bank okays raising Rs 2,000 cr equity capital via QIP
- India 10-yr bond yield drops as FPIs shift from equities to debt.
Key Due Dates:
- STATUTORY COMPLIANCE CALENDAR FOR AUGUST 2019: 07 Augus: TDS/TCS LIABILITY DEPOSIT – Due date of depositing TDS/TCS liabilities for previous month.
- 7 August: EQUALIZATION LEVY DEPOSIT- Equalization Levy is a direct tax, which is withheld at the time of payment by the service recipient where the annual payment made to one service provider (Non Residents only) exceeds Rs. 1,00,000 in one financial year for the specified and notified services.
- 10 August: GSTR-7 RETURN FILLING DUE DATE – Due Date for filing GSTR-7 by person liable to deduct TDS under GST for previous quarter.
- 10 August: GSTR-8 RETURN FILLING DUE DATE – GSTR-8 is a return to be filed by e-commerce operators who are required to deduct TCS (Tax collected at source) under GST.
- 11 August: GSTR-1 RETURN FILLING DUE DATE – GST Filing of returns by registered person with aggregate turnover more than 1.50 crores.
- 13 August: GSTR-6 RETURN FILLING DUE DATE- Due Date for filing return by Input Service Distributors for previous month.
- 15 August: PROVIDEND FUND / ESI DUE DATES- Due date for payment of Provident fund and ESI contribution for the previous month.
- 20 August: GSTR-5 RETURN FILLING DUE DATE- Due date of GSTR-5 (for Non-resident Taxable person) for the Previous month.
- 20 August: GSTR-5A RETURN FILLING DUE DATE- Return by person providing online information and database access or retrieval services by a person located outside India made to Non-Taxable persons in India for the previous month.
- 20 August: GSTR-3B RETURN FILLING DUE DATE – Due date for filling GSTR – 3B return for Previous month.
- 31 August: INCOME TAX RETURN EXTENDED- Filing income tax for individual and non-corporates [who are not subject to tax audit].
- 31 August: GSTR-9 RETURN FILLING DUE DATE – Annual Return to be filed by Regular Taxpayers filing GSTR 1, GSTR 2, and GSTR 3. It needs to be filed electronically on the GST portal directly or through a facilitation center.
- 31 August: GSTR-9A RETURN FILLING DUE DATE – Taxable Persons paying tax under Section 10 of CGST Act, the composition scheme, are required to submit their annual returns in Form GSTR 9A.
- 31 August: GSTR-9B RETURN FILLING DUE DATE- Annual Return to be filed by e-commerce operators who have filed GSTR 8 during the financial year.
- 31 August: GSTR-9C RETURN FILLING DUE DATE- Taxpayers whose annual turnover exceeds INR 2 crores in a Financial Year are required to get their accounts audited by a practicing Chartered Accountant or Cost Accountant before filing returns in Form GSTR 9C.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances; Before making any decision do consult your professional /tax advisor for their misrepresentation or interpretation of act or rules author does not take any responsibility. Neither the author nor the firm accepts any liability for the loss or damage of any kind arising out of information in this document or for any action taken in reliance there on. The author is a Chartered Accountant and the Chief Gardener & Founder Director of Rajput Jain & Associate, a leading Tax & Investment planning Advisor Service provider. His Blog can be found at http://carajput.com for any query you can write email@example.com. Hope the information will assist you in your professional endeavors. For query or help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 09811322785/4- 9555555480.