Direct Tax Updates:
- Income Tax Return for FY 17-18 cannot be revised now as the deadline for it was March 31, 2019. You can consider payment of tax and informing the tax department so that in the event of any enquiry by the tax department, you will be able to prove that you have fulfilled your onus of reporting the income and payment of consequent tax.
- Inflation forecasts by the central bank have gone awry only at time of low food inflation. In most other, forecasts have remained almost close to actual, and in line with the trend in the forecast of other central banks, according to an RBI study. “Episodes of large inflation forecasts errors for India were associated with large and unanticipated shocks emanating from prices of food items, especially perishables such as vegetables” according to sources.
- The research indicated that a cross-country evidence of data analysed from select central banks suggests that there is a positive correlation of forecast errors with the share of food in the CPI basket. In other words, inflation forecast errors are linked to the share of food inflation in the consumer price basket and the divergence tends to be more with higher weightage of food.
- IT sector to create maximum jobs in 2019.
- Slowdown in FY19 on demand, investment & export.
- PNB ruined Gitanjali Gems to hide its misdeeds.
- Jaypee homebuyers want NBCC bid to be reconsidered.
- Tata Motors sales dip 20 pc to 42,577 units in April.
- NCLAT allows banks to declare ILFS accounts as NPAs
- India set to deal with end of US oil waivers: MEA
- Indian pharma exports hit $19.14 bn, report double-digit growth after 3 yrs
- India again postpones US tariffs on high-value goods with eye on GSP
- India’s April unemployment rate increases to 7.6%, says CMIE
- Rs 7 trillion of corporate papers downgraded since start of IL&FS fiasco
- Tata Power Q4 net profit drops 92%; declares dividend of Rs 1.30 per share
- Uncertainty makes Brexit worse than Y2K for customers, says Infosys
- JSW group enters paints business with Rs 600-cr investment
- PepsiCo withdraws IPR infringement case against Gujarat potato farmers
- CIL plans 9% increase in coal allocation to power plants
- Adani Group to invest Rs 57,594 crore to expand Mundra port
- Ashok Leyland sales up seven per cent in April at 13,626 units
- Hindustan Zinc’s profit down 24%
- SBI to consider Jet staff’s billion-dollar bid after May 10
- India has secured additional oil supplies to tide over Iran sanctions
- SAT sets aside NSE’s 2017 order against OPG Securities in co-location case
- TPG Growth-backed Asia Healthcare Holdings acquires Nova IVI Fertility
- Standard Life to sell 1.78% stake in HDFC Life for ₹1,404 crore
- Foreign investors in NSE urge bourse not to challenge big fine
- Oil falls to lowest in month as US, Russia stanch supply risk
- Chanda Kochhar misled RBI on $365 million loan to Essar group firm despite red flag: Report
- India biggest recipient of funds from Asian Development Bank last year
- TechM to deploy blockchain solution to curb spam calls
- Dettol beats Band-Aid to become Australia’s most trusted brand
- Sensex ends 50.12 pts lower at 38,981.43 amid mixed global cues
- Gold falls Rs 250; silver plunges by Rs 825
- PNB Housing Finance to mop up USD 1 bn from foreign markets
- Bandhan Bank Q4 net rises 67 pc at Rs 650.87crore.
Key Due Dates:
- Payment of TDS Deducted in April is 7th May 2019.
- GSTR-1 Due Date for the month of April 2019 is 11th May 2019.
- GSTR-3B for the month of April 2019 is 20th May 2019.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances; Before making any decision do consult your professional /tax advisor for their misrepresentation or interpretation of act or rules author does not take any responsibility. Neither the author nor the firm accepts any liability for the loss or damage of any kind arising out of information in this document or for any action taken in reliance there on. The author is a Chartered Accountant and the Chief Gardener & Founder Director of Rajput Jain & Associate, a leading Tax & Investment planning Advisor Service provider. His Blog can be found at http://carajput.com for any query you can write email@example.com. Hope the information will assist you in your professional endeavors. For query or help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 09811322785/4- 9555555480.
If this article has helped you in any way, i would appreciate if you could share/like it or leave a comment. Thank you for visiting my blog.