Direct Tax Updates:
- Income-tax authorities do not want to let go the revenue dues owed by shell companies that have been deregistered by the MCA. CBDT to file the restoration application with the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT). MCA will support their stand.
- Income tax Due date for filing returns for Financial year 2018-2019 is 31 July 2019.So, Provide all required Documents for filling your Income tax Return AY 19-20 as soon As possible. penalty of Rs 5,000 will be charged for returns filed after due date but before 31st December. If returns are filed after 31st December, a penalty of Rs 10,000 shall apply. However, penalty will be Rs 1,000 for those with income upto Rs 5 Lakhs.
- CBDT releases draft notification proposing new audit report for Trust/Institution. Notification F No 370142/6/2019-TPL, dated 21-05-2019.
- CBDTs Notification 36/2019”, dated 12th April, 2019 the format of TDS Statement in Form No. 24Q, Annexure-II has been revised. The Notification shall come into force w.e.f. 12th May’ 2019. The Form 16 and 24Q have been amended to make them more elaborative.
- Income Tax Department continues to focus and enhance the skills of Assessing Officers to detect black money laundered through shell companies. At the Direct Taxes Regional Training Institutes, AOs have been asked to look closely at books of accounts and income tax returns for current liabilities, loans and advances, which could be used for tax evasion.
Indirect tax Updates:
- GST Council has set up two sub-groups to look into the policy and technical aspects, such as turnover threshold and mode of generation, for e-invoice generation by businesses. While one sub-group will examine the business process, policy and legal aspects for generation of e-invoice, the other will recommend technical aspects for its roll-out.
- GST Network said it has started offering free accounting and billing software to MSMEs with an annual turnover of up to Rs 1.5 crore, which would benefit about 80 lakh small businesses. This software would help businesses create invoices and account statements, manage inventory and prepare GST returns.
- Aluminium body cautions govt about China
- WTO warns trade weakness to continue in Q2
- Australian election results bode well for Adani
- India adopts new standards for measuring units
- Irdai proposes to increase 3rd-party insurance premium
- MNC boardrooms open doors to Indian women leaders
- Power sector’s outstanding regulatory assets at Rs76,963 cr
- Full blow trade war will push world towards recession: Morgan Stanley
- Auditor exits mount at listed SMEs as scrutiny increases after IL&FS crisis
- Torrent Pharma reports Q4 net loss of Rs 152 crore, cites drug recall
- Lakshmi Vilas rejects Religare Finance’s disclosure, threatens action
- US seeks to join Japan-India consultations on IT product tariffs
- Tata Motors profit dips 47 % in Q4
- WTO quarterly trade growth indicator still at nine-year low
- HPCL Q4 net profit jumps 70% on inventory gains
- Gold imports rise 54% to $ 3.97 billion in April
- Ford to cut about 10% of global salaried workforce
- ICICI Bank to buy stake in BSE subsidiary INX for 31 crore
- BPCL Q4 net profit rises 16% to 3,125 cr; revenue up 10% at 83,942 cr
- JLR posts 1st profit in four quarters despite China woes
- Adani Green Energy’s 8.75 crore shares to be offered for sale on Tuesday
- Bitcoin roars back from ‘flash crash’ to breach $8,000 once more
- Bank credit to infra sector grows 18.5% in FY19: RBI data
- TRAI says up to government to take a call on Huawei issue
- ArcelorMittal to pay Rs 42,000 crore for Essar Steel takeover: Company tells NCLAT
- Dr Reddy’s to spend $300 million on R&D in FY 20
- Rupee records biggest gain in 2 months after exit poll results
- Gold loses sheen, falls Rs 150 on lacklustre demand
- Investor wealth soars Rs 5.33 lakh cr as exit polls predict return of NDA govt
- Airtel, Voda Idea lose 30 mn users in March, Jio gains
- Evaluating Jet Airways opportunity, says Hinduja Group
- NCLAT reserves order on ArcelorMittal
- PNB may take control of 2-3 small state-run banks
- Indian millennials optimistic about economic outlook
- Tech Mahindra inks defence contract worth Rs 300 cr
- HPCL to borrow Rs 8K cr in FY20 to fund expansion
- Co-location: NSE moves Securities Appellate Tribunal against Sebi rulings
- ICRA downgrades long-term rating for IDFC First Bank from AA+ to AA
- High-level committee submit strategies on reducing import: Oil ministry
- RBI to establish supervisory body to strengthen regulation of banks & NBFCs
- Corporation Bank plans to trim slippages by 50% to Rs 4000 crore in FY20
- EPFO looks to pull back NBFC investments to avert default risk
- Govt turns the heat on directors in fight against shell companies
- Small trucks see growth, bucking industry slowdown
- Solar-powered water pump launched for farming sector
- Reliance beats Indian Oil Corporation to become biggest Indian company
- Vedanta bags two copper blocks in Maharashtra
- India’s thermal coal output seen growing 4.3% annually till 2028: Report
- 68% Indians feel job market has improved in last 5 years: Survey
- India among top 20 countries in the Artificial Intelligence readiness ranking
- IL&FS initiates claim process for 70 group entities
- Sebi permits mutual funds to participate in commodity derivatives
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Q4 net up 36% at Rs 140.54 crore
- India projected to grow at 7.1% in FY’20: UN report
- New Indian government faces crucial foreign policy decisions, say US experts
- US-China trade war gradually destabilising world economy
- 46 pc ultra high net worth Indians to increase investment in private equity: Survey
- L&T market capitalisation to touch Rs 3 lakh crore in five years
- Oil rises on US-Iran tensions, but trade war concerns weigh.
Key Due Dates:
- The Due Date of GSTR-1 For the Month Of May is 10th June 2019.
- The Due Date of GSTR-3b For the Month Of May is 20th June 2019.
- The Due Dates for the Deposit of TDS/TCS for the Purchase of Property 30th June 2019.\
- Annual Return For Registered Tax Payers is 30th June 2019.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances; Before making any decision do consult your professional /tax advisor for their misrepresentation or interpretation of act or rules author does not take any responsibility. Neither the author nor the firm accepts any liability for the loss or damage of any kind arising out of information in this document or for any action taken in reliance there on. The author is a Chartered Accountant and the Chief Gardener & Founder Director of Rajput Jain & Associate, a leading Tax & Investment planning Advisor Service provider. His Blog can be found at http://carajput.com for any query you can write firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope the information will assist you in your professional endeavors. For query or help contact: email@example.com or call at 09811322785/4- 9555555480.
If this article has helped you in any way, i would appreciate if you could share/like it or leave a comment. Thank you for visiting my blog.