CORPORATE AND PROFESSIONAL UPDATE APRIL 4, 2016
- Income Tax: Security deposit collected from its members refundable – whether receipts does not partake the character of income? – Held No- ( Gulmohar Greens Golf and Country Club Ltd. Versus DCIT, Ahmedabad – 2016 ITAT AHMEDABAD).
- Income Tax: Exemption u/s 54B – assessee has purchased agricultural land in the name of his wife and the payment was made by the assessee from his own source through banking channel – assessee is entitled for the benefit of deduction u/s 54B- (Jai Prakash S/o. Sh. Girdhari Lal Versus ITO Ward-1 ITAT DELHI)
INDIRECT TAX :
- Service Tax : ST counted from date of receipt of export proceeds and not from date of export Cenvat Credit : Export of services is complete only after receipt of consideration towards same; hence, service exporters may claim refund of utilized Cenvat credit within time-allowed under section 11B, viz., 1 year from date of receipt of consideration  (Bangalore – CESTAT) Infosys Technologies Ltd. v. Commissioner of Service Tax.
- Service Tax : Benefit of SSI Exemption – Appellant s name of the company itself is M/s. Elac Marketing Pvt. Ltd. The company name itself has the word Elac which is part of the company s name and the appellants cleared the goods indicating their company name Elac followed with Excel . Therefore it cannot be construed that they have affixed brand name of other person- (M/s. Elac Marketing Pvt. Ltd. And Shri K.S. Ganesh, Director Versus Commissioner of Central Excise, Chennai-II – 2016 CESTAT CHENNAI).
- Service Tax : Interest on refund – respondent-assessee is not entitled to interest on delayed refund because the department has sanctioned the refund within a period of three months from the date of receipt of the application for refund as per the requirement in law- (Commissioner of Central Excise, Pune-III Versus Suresh Enterprises – 2016 (3) TMI 1045 – CESTAT MUMBAI)
- Payment of TDS u/s 194IA deducted on purchase of property/TCS collected in March: 07/04/2016
- Submission of Forms received in March to IT Commissioner: 07/04/2016- Form No. 27C(TCS).
“Never stop learning. If you learn one new thing every day, you will overcome 99% of your competition“
We look forward for your valuable comments. www.carajput.com
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances ;Hope the information will assist you in your Professional endeavors. For query or help, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 9555555480