General Preventive Measures & revised Covid-19 Quarantine Guidelines for RWA premises at all times during COVID-19
Revised Covid-19 Quarantine Guidelines & Rules across India: With states revising their quarantine and self-isolation guidelines for travelers from time to time, here are the updated rules in Delhi, Maharashtra, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, etc
We hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. We would like to share some generic preventive and care measures that are to be followed to reduce the risk of COVID-19. These measures need to be observed by all in RWA premises at all times. Also attached are GOI guidelines on Home Quarantine and a message about the importance of Wearing Masks.
GENERAL PREVENTIVE AND CARE MEASURES- COVID-19
- The physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed as far as feasible.
- Use of face covers/masks is mandatory when stepping out of the apartment, walking/running/playing in the common area.
- Practice frequent hand washing with soap even when hands are not visibly dirty.
- Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed. This involves the strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing off used tissues properly.
- Spitting in a common area is strictly prohibited.
- Persons above 65 years of age, persons with comorbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years are encouraged to stay at home only and keep contact with visitors/guests to a minimum.
- Avoid assemblies and congregation to maintain a safe distance from other people.
- Try and avoid visiting or meeting with anyone who has a recent history of having traveled back from a corona-affected region.
- Self-monitoring of health by all is very important. If you have, by chance, come into contact and show certain symptoms, quarantine yourself till you feel alright and the lab results are negative.
PRACTICES TO BE FOLLOWED BY RESIDENT/FAMILY MEMBERS OF A PERSON INFECTED BY CORONAVIRUS
- When a family member is tested positive for COVID-19, it is important that all other family members also quarantine themselves for a period of 14 days even though there may not be any symptoms. If there are symptoms, immediately get yourself tested too.
- Self-declare the condition to your EC/RWA so that you do not have any visitors during such a period.
- Only one family member should help the infected person if the latter needs help.
- Do not handle the used clothes of such a patient directly with your hands. Do not wash these in the washing machine along with clothes of other family members.
- All items and surfaces touched by the infected person should be disinfected. This includes table, chairs, shelves, toilets, clothes, utensils, etc.
- Separate personal care items like soaps, shampoo, towels. Do not use the same bathrooms, if possible.
- In case of an emergency, call on the coronavirus helpline number in your city/state for the way forward.
MEASURES TO BE TAKEN ON OCCURRENCE OF CASE(S)
- If residents/s show symptoms they should facilitate their testing, isolation and quarantine of contacts.
- The resident/should inform their positive test result to EC/RWA so that information can be shared with all residents and staff to ensure prevention and sanitization practices are followed.
- RWA will provide support and avoid stigmatization of COVID-19 affected individuals and families.
- A risk assessment will be undertaken by the designated public health authority/personnel (or treating physician) and accordingly, further advice shall be made regarding the management of the case, his/her contacts, and the need for disinfection.
- If a decision is taken for home quarantine of contacts/ home isolation of patients, RWA will facilitate those under home quarantine/home isolation to remain within their homes.
- Duration of home quarantine is for 14 days from contact with a confirmed case (please see attached Home Quarantine Guidelines).
- Installation & use of Aarogya Setu App by COVID-19 affected individuals and families.
- Residents may help by giving provisions or any medical supply, to the family. Just leave it at their doorstep. Don’t enter the premises.
- Quarantine is just physical isolation. Do keep in touch with the family by means of other mediums such as WhatsApp or phone calls.
Rajput Jain and Associates