CBDT Circular dated on 13th July, 2020: CBTD allows to verify previous ITR one time relaxation for verification for the FY 2014-15 TO FY 2018-19 by September 2020
The tax return filer effectively makes a declaration by reviewing the tax return that the information contained in the return are correct.
Normally, the tax return must be checked within 120 days of the filing of the income tax return or any extended date announced by the tax department.
The procedure for filing income tax returns is not complete until the tax return is checked. The return will not be processed by the tax department until, and until confirmed. If not confirmed, the return is invalid.
2) Now any taxpayer whose ITR is pending for verification can verify their ITR by 30 September 2020 or before that date.
3) It is possible to check ITR for the duration 2014-15 to FY 2018-19 via this one-time relaxation scheme
4) All these checked ITRs are to be issued by 31 December 2020 or before.
5) ITRs may be checked by EVC or by a properly signed hard copy being sent to CPC Bangalore.
Note: if any lawsuits against taxpayers have been launched in view of the fact that the taxpayer has not filed a report for that year then the value of relaxation can not be used
- In the event of failure to acknowledge return, AO may initiate proceeding u / s 144 as such returns filed are deemed invalid.
- The carry forward of loss can get permitted ThanksRajput Jain & Associates