GST or General Sales Tax takes care of all intermediate taxes like service tax, sales tax, excise duty and so on into a composite whole tax so that paying taxes at each level can be avoided. GST registration is mandatory for all whose annual sales are more than 20 lakhs. GST registration takes short time from 2-6 working days. The application can be done online also in which a digital signature has to be given.
Online GST Registration
To make an application for GST, you will need Form GST REG 01 which you can access from any GST facilitation center or a GST common portal.
- You will be required to provide your pan number, email address, mobile number and state of registration.
- The online GST registration process is easy and hassles free.
- You just need the required documents and apply accordingly.
- Your pan number will be validated on the Common Portal which contains the database with all relevant information with the Central Board of Direct Taxes.
- Once the validation is complete, an OTP or One Time Password and a temporary reference number will be sent to your mobile or the email you have provided.
- Using this you have to complete the Part B of FORM GST REG 01 and also the application and documents which must be signed.
- The completed application can be submitted online on the GST Common Platform or GST Facilitation center.
GST Registration Application Processing is Done by Government
All the required documents, information and the completed application submitted for GST registration will be forwarded for verification by the concerned officer. On being verified, the officer will grant the GST registration within 3 working days. In case of any discrepancy, you will be notified and asked to clarify within a stipulated time through a given procedure. The clarification must be submitted within 7 days of receipt of the intimation through FORM GST REG 04.
Non Submission of Clarification Will Lead To Rejection of Application
Automatic GST registration will be initiated in case the concerned officer fails to take action within 3 working days of submission of the application or within 7 working days of providing with the clarification.
GST Registration Certificate
On approval of the application, the GST registration will be granted along with a certificate which will display the name of the business or service, the location of the same, type of entity, the validity period and a GSTIN or Goods and Service Tax Identification Number.