Direct Tax :
- Madras HC reverses ITAT order for AYs 1998-99 and 1999-2000, allows deduction to assessee-company for expenses incurred on abandoned project, holds the same as revenue in nature as the venture did not fructify; Assessee was invited to take over the Chemical Beneficiation Project by the Government of Tamil Nadu, however, due to several reasons, Government decided to abandon the project and consequently, assessee claimed revenue deduction for major portion of intangibles which was disallowed by AO; [TS-332-HC-2018(MAD)]
- Karnataka HC allows assessee’s (distributor of diabetic care and other products) writ, quashes reassessment notice for AY 2006-07; Notes that during assessment proceedings u/s 143(3), TPO had accepted assessee’s transactions to be ALP, however, assessment was reopened on March 28, 2013 alleging that assessee’s transaction would qualify as ‘deemed international transaction’ and assessee failed to report the same in Form 3CEB; [TS-501-HC-2018(KAR)-TP]
- Punjab & Haryana High Court held that GST appeal should not be dismissed for delay if No Appellate Authority constituted. [R.S. Steel Traders Vs State of Haryana (Punjab & Haryana High Court)]
FAQ on GST AUDIT:
- Query: When will a best judgement assessment order be withdrawn?
- Answer:After a taxpayer receives a best judgement assessment order issued by a tax official, they have 30 days to file their returns for the tax period and pay the tax shown on the assessment. As soon as they have done so, the best judgement assessment order will be withdrawn.
Every Director who has been allotted DIN on or before 31st March, 2018 and whose DIN is in ‘Approved’ status, would be mandatory required to file form DIR-3 KYC on or before 31st August, 2018. Otherwise LATE FEES PENALTY 5000 FROM 1 SEPTEMBER 2018 AND DIN WILL BE DEACTIVATED.
- Documents Required:
- 1. DSC of Director duly Registered;
- 2. Self attested PAN card;
- 3. Self attested Aadhar card with updated Mobile number with UIDAI;
- 4. Self attested Electricity Bill, Mobile Bill, Bank statement of Director (latest 2 Months) of his/her present address;
- 5. Latest Passport size photo;
- 6. DIN declaration cum KYC.
- DIR-3 KYC Will be deploy from 10.07.2018.
KEY DUE DATES
- GSTR-3B (Jun 2018)-Jul 20th, 2018
- GSTR-5 (Jun 2018)-Jul 20th, 2018
- GSTR-6 (Jul’17 – Jun’18)- Jul 31st, 2018
- GSTR-4 (Apr-Jun, 2018)-Jul 18th, 2018
- GSTR-5A (Jun 2018)-Jul 20th, 2018
- Quarterly return for registered persons with aggregate turnover up to Rs. 1.50 Crores- GSTR-1 (Apr-Jun, 2018)-Jul 31st, 2018
- Turnover exceeding Rs. 1.5 Crores or opted to file monthly Return GSTR-1 (Jun 2018)- Jul 10th, 2018
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances; Before making any decisions do consult your Professional / tax advisor. For misrepresentation or interpretation of act or rules Author does not take any responsibility. Neither the author nor the firm accepts any liability for the loss or damage of any kind arising out of information in this document or for any action taken in reliance there on. The author is a Chartered Accountant and the Chief Gardener & Founder Director of Rajput Jain & Associates , a leading Tax & Investment Planning Advisory Service Provider. His blog can be found at http://carajput.com/blog/For any query you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope the information will assist you in your Professional endeavors. For query or help, contact: email@example.com or call at 09811322785/4 9555 5555 480)