- ITAT Cuttack held that trust cannot be denied exemption for mere receipt of income by way of training and consultancy fee.Xavier Institute of Management Vs ITO (ITAT Cuttack)
- ITAT Hyderabad held that cash discount cannot be disallowed for mere non-mention of same on invoice. M/s. Sai Krishna Agencies MedakVsAsstt. (ITAT Hyderabad)
- CBDT has notified the rules relating to the determination of Fair Market Value of inventories converted into capital assets under the Income Tax Act, 2018. The Finance Act, 2018 has inserted clause (via) to Section 28 of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- CBDT has notified for the purpose of the clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961)‘Tamil Nadu Water Supply and Drainage Board’, a board constituted under the Tamil Nadu Water Supply and Drainage Board Act, 1970 (Tamil Nadu Act 4 of 1971), in respect of the some specified income arising to that board.
- The Authority for Advance Rulings (AAR), Maharashtra ruled that 12 percent GST would be applicable to the services provided by sub-contractors to the main contractors in respect of Works Contract Services pertaining to Railways.
FAQ on GST Audit:
- Query:Is summary assessment order to be necessarily passed against the taxable person?
- Answer: In certain cases, like when goods are under transportation or are stored in a warehouse, and the taxable person in respect of such goods cannot be ascertained, the person in charge of such goods shall be deemed to be the taxable person and will be assessed to tax (proviso to Section 64 of CGST/SGST Act).
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs. 2, 00,000/- (Rs Two lakh only) on National Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd., Bahraich in exercise of powers vested in it under the provisions of Section 47A (1) (c) read with Section 46(4) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 (As Applicable to Co-operative Societies), for continuous non-submission of the returns u/s 27 of the Act ibid.vide circular no 2018-2019/646, dated 18thSeptember 2018.
- SEBI broadly agrees with easier know-your-customer norms suggested by the committee headed by RBI deputy governor. Moreover, the regulator’s board has mandated that large companies must now access the bond markets for a fourth of their borrowings.
- SEBI said LIC has not sought any exemption from the open offer requirement to take over the crippled state-run lender IDBI Bank for around Rs 11,000 crore
- ICAI has for the third time in less than a month made a request for Extension for time for submission of Tax Audit Reports and related returns from 30th September, 2018 to 31st October, 2018. Earlier ICAI has made representation dated 31st August, 2018and 10th September, 2018.
KEY DUE DATES
- GSTR-6 (JULY 17 – AUG’18)- SEP 30TH, 2018
- GSTR-4 (JULY-SEP, 2018)-OCT 18th, 2018
- GSTR-5A (SEP 2018)-OCT 20th, 2018
- Quarterly return for registered persons with aggregate turnover up to Rs. 1.50 Crores- GSTR-1 (JULY- SEP, 2018)-OCT 31ST, 2018.
- Quarterly return for registered persons with aggregate turnover more than Rs. 1.50 Crores- GSTR-1-(SEP 2018)-OCT 11th 2018
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances; Before making any decisions do consult your Professional / tax advisor. For misrepresentation or interpretation of act or rules Author does not take any responsibility. Neither the author nor the firm accepts any liability for the loss or damage of any kind arising out of information in this document or for any action taken in reliance there on. The author is a Chartered Accountant and the Chief Gardener & Founder Director of Rajput Jain & Associates , a leading Tax & Investment Planning Advisory Service Provider. His blog can be found at http://carajput.com/blog/For any query you can write to email@example.com. Hope the information will assist you in your Professional endeavors. For query or help, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 09811322785/4 9555 5555 480)
If this article has helped you in any way, i would appreciate if you could share/like it or leave a comment. Thank you for visiting my blog.